part 3

⇀‸↼‶

"I challenge you to a duel," I stated, my voice never wavering as I stared into the dead eyes of Turk. His golden orbs shined with an intimidating look of anger as he rose from his seat. He stared down at me, as he was freakishly tall. He let out a puff of hot air from his small, bull-like nose causing his gold nasal piercing to slightly shake. 

"Duel?" He bellowed. "Duel?!"

I gulped as I regain my composure despite fearing for my life. I nodded, returning to my confident demeanor. The area went quiet, awaiting the beast's response.

He cracked his hair-covered knuckles as he got into a battle stance. He let out another puff as a signal that he was ready. I got into my battle stance as well, preparing for any oncoming attacks. 

Turk's stance began to shift, showing he was about to launch a move when we were teleported to the battle arena, people filing into the stands as they please. 

At first, I was slightly taken aback by the abrupt change of location but understood why it was done and who did it. 

Master Warvolre's reputation as a guild master has been pretty low lately as the guild represents him and his work, and well *The Order of HAMU(or TOH / TOHAMU) isn't pleased with the extensive amounts of money they have to pour into repairs. 

*Ash(author): The Order of High Achieving Magic Users(or TOH / TOHAMU / The Order of HAMU) is above all the HAMU elites. They are the world leaders in this magic/fantasy AU.

The battle arena is separated into different parts for its events. There was an open field of grass, which was well maintained and was used for city-wide events. Behind the guild was a path that lead to open waters for any type of battle that would occur above or below ocean level. There is also a dock where boats would come and go as they please and would be decorated for private events that happened there from time to time. And finally, the arena. It was large with a sandy floor. There were wooden stands around for the audience of any event. It had painted lines for sports with two soccer nets that can be replaced with football ones on either side. All three locations were commonly used in the challenge process. 

I took some breaths as I looked took in my surroundings. I needed to remain focused while using my magic because if I were to change the form of the wrong thing, it could be worse than imaginable. 

I turned back to my opponent. Just as my eyes were facing his direction, he was in action. His left foot was swinging, nearing the side of my head as I stood helplessly awaiting the impact. 

Within a moment that felt too quick and slow at the same time, I was launched to the ground. As I was taken off guard by his attack, I didn't have time to prepare to hit the ground. My body fell out of my control. I watched as the world flipped and the side of my head hit the sharp ground. 

My thoughts became blurred as my vision became hazy. My consciousness was foggy as my body relied on instinct. 

If I knew one thing about Turk, it was that when he fights he treats his opponent the same each time. A fighter like this becomes predictable and easy to out-wit. 

I went to push myself up when he launched a blow to my gut. I was thrown back, doing barrel rolls from the force behind his kick. I accidentally bit my lip in the action, causing a small pool of blood to form in my mouth. I coughed as more blood poured out. 

I stood to my feet with some trouble. I wiped some blood that started dripping from my mouth.

'I want this rank!!' I thought as I regained my focus. The audience was silent with anticipation. I started channeling my magic into the nearby sand. The rocks began floating into the air clustering together in a giant clump in the sky. As his eyes were trained on the giant forming ball of dirt, I went in for a sneak attack. I lunged forwards, my shoulder lodging itself under his rib cage. He jumped back a little, pushing me off him. 

I went in for another attack, kicking him on the side of his head as he has done to me before. His large jaw ricocheted as some spit splattered out of his mouth. He seemed shaken up as he held his head.    

His focus was returned to me as he charged after me. I took this opportunity to let the boulder of dirt fall and directed to hit the brute on his noggin. This sent him to the ground. The massive cluster of sand formed a mound around his body, swallowing him in it. I felt some relief, now that he was defeated.

That was until a fist stuck its way out of the pile of sand, and a little puff of dust went up with it. He launched out of the dirt, soaring up into the sky and stomping back down on it. The mound then formed a gigantic cloud of dust, fogging up my vision. I coughed as I waved some sand out of my face.

I heard Turk's monstrous grunt above my head, as the sand began to settle his figure slowly loomed closer, his fist pulled back and ready to crush my face. He came pummeling down, his clenched knuckles hitting my face. I felt numb for a moment then the pain started overwhelming my face. I felt a throbbing throughout my head as my legs gave out. 

Everything became dark as my senses started turning off one by one. Until everything that was left was darkness...

˖ଘ à suivre

sorry shoto isnt in this chap but he will be in the next. i plan on making this story a slow burn so there's gonna be parts with him and some without. pls bear with me a little longer

[05-19-22]