part 4

⇀‸↼‶

I awoke to the rattling and thrashing of a wooden cart being driven across a rocky path. The pounding in my head never left. I slowly sat up to take in my surroundings. My chest was weighed down by thick, heavy chains from one side to the other. Cuffs were holding my hands together and some more chains holding my legs down. 

I looked around in a panic but soon regained composure so I don't accidentally activate my powers. Oh! I can just use my powers! 

I attempted to turn the metal into liquid but it failed. I tried again. No luck. There must be a seal keeping me from using my magic. I grimaced and gave into the bumping and rocking of the horse-driven carriage. 

A strange face came into my view. 

"'ey don't worry, kiddo. You'll be back home soon," The troll-like human said in a casual tone. The man had odd hairs on his upper lip and chin. His eyebrows were ungroomed and his green eyes were dull. He had a large mole just beneath his left eye with hair growing out of it. 

I went to respond, but only muffled sounds escaped my lips. There was tape spread across my mouth, preventing me from speaking. The man let out a chuckle. 

I groaned in frustration. 

Shoto POV from earlier

I watched as [name] got punched into the ground. I was shocked by the power behind his blow. I stood from my seat. The nurses quickly brought her onto a gurney.

I went to follow but they took her away faster than I could get out of the stands. 

The rest of the day I was full of worry and guilt. I wanted to know if she was alright. I needed to know. Where is she?!?!

I was sitting at the bar, drowning in my thoughts when Master Warvolre called my name. He told me to meet him in his office, which I did. 

"You were seen with her before the incident, correct?" Master questioned seriously. 

"Yes. We were going to do a commission but we weren't ranked high enough so she ran back to the guild. When I got there, I saw her challenge Turk." I responded, still in slight shock from what happened. 

"So... she didn't tell you she was going to challenge Turk, correct?"

"Yeah, I didn't know,"

"Well, it seems [name] went missing. Do you perhaps know where she might be?" Master informed me. 

My jaw hung ajar. My eyes widened. How could she have gone missing?!

[Name] POV

The wagon driver started whistling to a random beat in his head as my irritation grew. I can't use magic. I can't scream for help. What the fuck?!

After a long, frustrating cart ride, the cart came to a halt and I arrived in a gross-looking town. It was dark even though it was just after noon, based on the time it was when I fought Turk. 

I was roughly unchained to the cart and was forced up with my arms behind my back.

The buildings were decaying and dusty, with dead plants in the cracks between the buildings and paths. 

The odd man held the cuffs on my wrists behind my back to prevent me from fighting back. A loud bang of thunder echoed through the desolate town. A large storm was brewing. My chains suddenly snapped as I backed away from the creepy man. He turned to face me. He started cackling monstrously as lighting struck a mile away behind him. 

He spread his arms wide, leaned his head up with his eyes closed, and continued to laugh villainously. 

With one final crack of lightning, the wind whirled around us, leaves getting caught in the gust. Darkness enveloped us as we were now in a blank space. I looked around in both awe, confusion, and horror. Before long, We were transported elsewhere. This place is awfully familiar. 

˖ଘ à suivre

this is still kinda the prologue tbh. sorry shou wasn't in this like i said but ill make more stuff abt him soon. i promise!!!

also this was a very short chapter but i wanted to post it cos I've been inactive. im rlly sorry :<

[07-02-2022]