17 | never ending cycle

IT HAD BEEN TWO WEEKS, since Naruto said he would confess to (y/n)

IT HAD BEEN TWO WEEKS, since Naruto said he would confess to (y/n). He has been trying but every time he tried to tell her.. something or rather someone always has to interrupt.

Last week on Monday, he tried telling her after the school day ended. Him and (Y/n) were at her locker, and Naruto thought it was somewhat the perfect chance to tell her and right when he was about to tell her. Gaara came up to them.

"Oh! What were you gonna say Naruto?" (Y/n) asked after they both greeted Gaara.

"Ah, nothing. Just something about a game... i gotta go. See ya!" And with that, Naruto left the scene.

Then he tried again on Wednesday, but in the morning instead while they were heading to school. And somehow.. he still got interrupted by non other than Gaara.

This cycle kept repeating itself, over and over. And Naruto was getting sick of it. He was slightly starting to get annoyed with his redheaded friend, not that he wasn't annoyed with the fact that Gaara has a clear interest in (y/n) to begin with.

But, to be fair Gaara doesn't know about Naruto's feelings towards (Y/n), so it's not really his fault Naruto's feeling this way, it's nobody's fault but Naruto's, and he knows that. He regrets every decision he's made for him to get here.

He hates everything about this situation.

Knowing his crush likes one of his friends, and that his friend is reciprocating those feelings aswell. Seeing them hangout almost everyday. Hearing about how their dates go from (y/n).

Hearing both of them talk about each other so lovingly. It's sickening for him.

He's so conflicted with all of this. He doesn't know whether he should just let go and be happy for his friends or be envious of Gaara.

He should be the one going on dates with her, not him. He should be the one she talks about so adoringly, not him.

He doesn't wanna hate his friend for something that's not even their fault, but he can't help it.

He hates the fact that Gaara has more of a chance with (Y/n).

Naruto knows that when he does confess, he will be rejected. And he's come to terms with that because there's really nothing he can do about.