38 | news spreads fast

(a/n): surprisingly still here 😣

"THEY WHAT?!" naruto exclaimed out of pure shock as he was currently being informed of gaara and y/n's breakup

"they broke up." sasuke repeated what he had said earlier. the two were currently sitting at a lunch table, eating their food while waiting for their friends to join.

"you're fucking with me, aren't you?" naruto didn't believe sasuke even if he was hearing all kinds of rumors about the break up.

"why would i lie?" his emo friend asked making naruto sigh and shrugged.

"when did it happen?" naruto asked as he ate his food, "couple days ago."

naruto first heard about the break up earlier this morning when he overheard two random girls talking about how gaara and (y/n) weren't around each other as much last week and how they would pretty much ignored each other. the girls came to the conclusion that they had broken up.

after hearing that he began to think about how tired you seemed, and how sometimes you would come into class with red puffy eyes. naturally he thought you were high, but he knows you're not into that stuff. he was now realizing that this whole time you were probably crying yourself to sleep.

when sasuke confirmed that you and the red head had broken up he was happy. happy he didn't have worry about gaara anymore. you being single meant a lot of things.. it gave him hope that maybe you and him could end up being something. he felt bad for thinking this considering you were probably hurting, but he can't help it. he's hopelessly in love with you.

"who broke up with who?" naruto asked curiously.

"she broke up with him." sasuke replied as he texted on his phone. upon hearing this naruto nearly choked on his drink and almost spat it out.

"ReaLLY?!"

today, you did not go to school for a number of reasons

today, you did not go to school for a number of reasons. and those reasons being... 1. your period came and it was absolute hell, 2. you were also sick, 3. you were sad.

sad because you felt like the shittiest person on earth for breakup with gaara simply because you ended up falling in love with your best friend who's also the person who gaara was probably (definitely) worried about.

there was two things that you didn't tell him and probably should have told him about. 1. was the kiss that had happened at the summer getaway which was a long time ago but he still had a right to know. and 2. that you liked naruto more than a friend. you only failed to mention this because gaara had stormed off before you could even say anything else.

for the past couple of days you had been crying nonstop over the break up. even if you had initiated the break up it still hurt like hell

going to school and seeing him there in classes was also hard and very much awkward. people had noticed you two weren't around together as much and they began to suspect that you were broken up.

most of the school either knew or were suspecting that you two weren't together anymore. it's not like you and gaara were this super popular couple, people just like to talk shit and get in others business when it doesn't involve them.

anyways, right now you were pretending to make a get ready with me tiktok to distract yourself from everything.

"and then i go in with the milani powder blush in the shade: wild rose! i just place this right here on my cheek bone—" as you were applying the blush on your cheeks, someone walked into your room.

of course this someone turned out to be naruto, who stood at your door frame confused as he heard you talking.

"what are you doing?" he asked while he watched as you paused your video.

"what are you doing..?..here?" you looked at him as if you were just caught doing something bad.

"i came to check on ya, sasuke told me you were sick." you nodded as his words and didn't bother to ask how he got in knowing that one of your parents probably let him in.

"why are you making a tiktok?" he asked as he waltz into your room and threw himself on your bed.

"i needed to distract myself sooo... here i am now." you explained as he laughed.

once you finish doing your little makeup tutorial, which was a pain to finish because someone kept laughing in the background. you sat on your bed with naruto and just started up a conversation.

he brought up the break up and you pretty much ranted to him about everything leaving out the fact that you realized how you felt about him. after that talk you two sat in comfortable silence on your phones. you were watching tiktoks while he was scrolling on instagram reels.

after while naruto needed to go home, you had walked him out and before he left he asked if you were okay or if you were feeling better.

"i feel a whole lot better." he sighed in relief at your answer and then unexpectedly wrapped his arms around you. while you returned his hug he whispered, "if you need anything just call me, you know i'll always be here for you."

"thank you, naruto."

(a/n): lol how evil would it be if i made them not end up together 😝