He what?!

-A/N

I'm low on motivation and inspiration so I decided that since 1Mando commented on the Preferences chapter that I'll do a oneshots based on what they commented on. So here we go-

Your POV

Jango had been gone a while now, but you were used to that. You had heard that Zam had failed her mission, but you were good friends with her, so you couldn't wait to see her back on the little bounty hunter house you had set up for you, Zam, and Jango.

But instead of Zam, some random guy you didn't even know stood in the doorway of your house.

"Hello, are you Y/N Y/L/N?" he asked. You nodded nervously.

STRANGER DANGER!!! you thought, but you didn't say anything and let the man continue.

"We have news regarding Zam Wessel," the man said. You tilted your head slightly and gestured for him to go on.

"She's been killed."

You froze.

The man continued on: "Jango Fett shot her with a poisoned dart, and she died within fi-"

"Wait, Jango shot her?" you repeated. The man seemed slightly annoyed by your interruption. "Yes, he did, Ms. Y/L/N," the man confirmed. Then he briskly walked away.

Still standing in the doorway, you whispered, horrified, to yourself, "He what?!"

~a few hours later~

(Still your POV)

You were still in shock over the loss of your best friend when the door opened. You immediately stood up to face Jango.

"You killed Zam?!" you accused the moment he closed the door.

Jango stepped back a little at your harshness. "I- yes," he sighed. "But I had to, fo-"

"You didn't 'have' do to anything!" you found yourself shouting. "Were we all expendable? If I made a mistake would you just shoot me like you did Zam?!"

Jango bowed his head slightly and took off his helmet. "No, I wouldn't," he answered in a flat voice, daring to look up at you.

"And why not?" you asked.

"Because I don't think I'd even be able to harm you if I tried," Jango said, regaining his posture and looking you in the eye.

"Sure," you scoffed, rolling your eyes, not even getting flustered at how close you were, even though that would've made you blush in any other situation. "Like I'll believe that. Anyone could harm anyone if they tried."

"Not if they love them," Jango said quietly. You shut your mouth, all retorts suddenly fleeing your mind.

"You... love me?" you repeated softly.

 "Yeah," Jango admitted. "But I never wanted to kill Zam. You should know that this job comes with blood in your hands. She was going to compromise not just my safety but yours too, and I couldn't let that slide."

You nodded. He had still committed murder and you weren't sure what to do. You had killed plenty of people - Jango was right, it came with the job - but never a close friend or ally. But, your brain reminded you, Jango loves you. And he wanted to protect you.

You bit your lip and left the room, hearing Jango's familiar metallic footsteps following you.

You turned around to face him. "Please don't talk to me right now," you said. "I need some time to process everything."

Jango nodded and walked away.

-A/N

Well, that was the end of Part one! I already have an idea for what's going to happen next but it's 10 pm and I'm really tired and my computer is at 11%. Love you all!! ♥️♥️♥️-