Chapter 16 Take My Pain Away

This chapter contains heavy smut. This smut warning is sponsored by Rubber Duckies filled with Holy Water. Use the discount code IPKSSRTTUSBHSBTS for 7% off your first purchase.

Legends tell us that Hestia is the patron goddess of Lunas and Sols. The goddess blessed these wolves with the power to create a home. To maintain the flame within a wolf's heart. To become the heart themself. It's a selfless yet powerful role within the dynamic of the pack.

There was a time in history when the Lunas and Sols were treated poorly due to social norms and stereotypical beliefs about their heat. They blamed these wolves for causing heat in others, instead of realizing they were meant to extinguish the agonizing flame with acts of love and comfort.

Sols and Lunas are the living heartbeats. The center of the pack's livelihood. Without them, the wolves of the pack would be driven insane by heats. It's a codependent relationship that requires constant attention.

I've turned my eyes away from this relationship for far too long.

The flames of overdue heats have begun to scorch the house. The blaze threats the wooden walls of the home as smoke suffocates its inhabitants. There is tension building within the home.

I see the beginning of a deadly spark within the Bangtan Pack.

By prolonging my heat, and their heat, I've ruined the delicate balance of the home and forced the pattern to change.

My body aches as I drag myself out of bed. A weight of exhaustion falls onto my chest and forces my breaths to slow. Breathless, at the mere movement. I wince sharply as I raise my head from its bent position. A series of cracks travel down my spine and cause the space between my neck and spine to tingle.

Dizziness adds to the loss of breath. Small black dots dance across my vision like scurrying rats. It causes the shadows in the corners of the bedroom to enlarge and morph into monsters of the night.

The scents of Jimin and Taehyung linger on my slickened skin. The hot, sultry tones of orange blossoms and blackberries fog my brain, worsening the dizzy sensation. The hands of the heat-induced wolves left yellowing marks all over my body in the shape of fingerprints and thin lines. The painful ache at the base of my thighs grows stronger as I move off the bed.

The quiet snoring of Namjoon and Jungkook provide the only sound to break the night's silence. The warmth of pressed bodies and sleepy breaths raise the temperature of the dark bedroom. It clings to my body like a sticky blanket; it's too uncomfortable to stay still.

My stomach growls painfully as I stand from the collection of bed. I press my hand against my stomach, rub around the aching space, and tiptoe towards the closed door.

"Lottie..." a husky voice whines from behind me.

I stop in my tracks.

A tired and reaching hand lifts from the pile of wolves on the bed. It motions towards me, desperate for my embrace once again. "Where are you going? It's too early..."

"I'm hungry," I reply quietly, careful not to raise my voice above a whisper. I don't want to wake up the pack. They need their rest for tomorrow.

"Let me get you something..." With a heavy sigh, Yoongi sits up from the cuddle pile and moves carefully across their entangled legs.

My expression shifts from exhausted to pleading. "You don't have to do that... Go back to bed, Yoon..."

But Yoongi has already escaped the comforting grasp of his fellow packmates. He comes to my side and places his hand against my back. He nudges me forward before curling his arm around me, pulling me back against his chest. "I know you get hungry after heats, I should have set something out for you..."