Chapter 19 November Fifteenth

The scent of sticky warm peaches, hot bourbon, and heavy amber drag Namjoon from the clutches of sleep.

He had desperately forced himself to fall asleep and is disappointed by his easy awakening. He isn't usually sensitive to the others' scents.

With a heaving sigh, Namjoon tries to move only to find his body sandwiched between his pack members. Their bodies, hot and tangled together, are pressing into him as if their lives depended on it. He remembers distinctly going to bed in their respective sections of the bed. They must have magnetized together throughout the night.

Namjoon, foggy from sleep, forces his arm from underneath Jimin's body. He reaches up to the wooden ceiling without a goal in mind. He rests in the presence of his pack. He already feels himself panicking about the coming day so he forces himself to ignore those problems. His thoughts fixate on the warmth of his pack and how adorable Jimin looks while curled at his side.

He breathes in their scents with ease. Until he realizes that three distinct heat scents are coming from a place he can't see. It's farther away but strong.

Namjoon lifts his head from the rumpled pillow and strains to look over the pack pile towards the door.

It is cracked open. A sliver of gray and blue morning light slips into the warm bedroom. It illuminates the patterns on the blankets and the shadowy shapes of his pack mates under them.

There is absolute peace in the cabin.

Namjoon holds his breath for a moment to allow the beautiful scene to linger in his memory. His senses heighten as he takes in every detail of this quiet morning.

When the moment passes, he releases his breath and lays back down on his pillow. He feels an awkward lump underneath it, indicating the shape of an arm. He looks over and finds Hoseok laying at his side.

Hoba's arm is underneath Namjoon's pillow. His face is pressed against his bare arm and his mouth is slightly parted, breathing softly. His fluffy brown hair takes on a soft golden glow as the sun begins to rise. Namjoon's gaze softens as he looks upon his beautiful hyung.

I am lucky to have them. Luckier than I deserve.

He isn't willing to take a gamble on their idyllic life. He feels as if he was being backed into a corner with two awful choices. If he doesn't choose, something worse may occur.

The burdens of being a leader, he supposes.

He has to make a decision.

It is the morning of the meeting.

November fifteenth.

"Hyungie, hyungie..." Jimin's soft words stir Namjoon from his thoughts. He looks thoughtfully at Jimin's huddled body. Jimin inhales shakily while his hands curl around Namjoon's t-shirt fabric, tightening and trembling.

Namjoon frowns with worry. He uses his free arm to nudge Jimin. He runs his fingers through Jimin's fluffy hair in hopes of waking him from his nightmare.

Jimin's breathing spikes and a small wheeze escapes his mouth. He grimaces and his eyes squeeze tighter shut. His legs kick weakly and his toes slide down Namjoon's bare leg. Jimin starts to fight against something. His head moves side-to-side as he continues to panic inside his dreams.

Namjoon shakes him, "Jimin, wake up. It's okay, it's just a nightmare, Jiminie."

A small whimper wrenches from Jimin's throat.

"Chim, baby, wake up."

Jimin breathes louder and shakes his head firmly. "I--, the water is rising, hyungie--, don't let go, please don't let go..." His voice is tense with fear.