||Eid Mubarak ||

***

"Farha api you are so cruel!" Mansha whined making Farha give her stink eyes.

"Nautanki kam karo aur jo bola hai chup hokar leke aao."[just do what you are asked for, don't do drama.] Farha said and went back to watching the video on her phone. Mansha groaned and stomping her foot walked out of the room. She couldn't even ignore Farha's demands as she was  heavily pregnant and couldn't walk so much and also because she was here after ages. She needed to be pampered, Farha's exact words.

"What happened?" Noor asked, looking at Mansha's annoyed face as soon as she walked in the kitchen.

"Farha api happened." She groaned, making Noor press  her lips,trying not to smile.

"I understand her but isn't it too cruel on us fasting people to make such delicious meals in the middle of the day?" Mansha cried, and sat down on the kitchen chair.

"What did she ask now?" Noor asked.

"Spicy noodles!" Mansha said, putting her down on the island.

"I will make that for her, don't worry." Noor said, patting her head softly.

"It's okay Noor api, I will make it." Mansha said.

"Mansha, I am not fasting so you can relax and let me do this." Noor said, making Mansha raise her head and smile at her in gratitude.

"I love you api!" She said dramatically and after giving her a quick hug went back.

The haveli was unusually silent today as most of the members were either in their room taking the much needed rest or out there for any preparation. It was chand raat today, the last day of Ramadan. And as expected the evening was going to be utterly chaotic, and the people of Shah Gharan being well aware of it were saving their energies. And that had made it easier for Noor to roam around or have a normal meal without being questioned why she wasn't fasting. She was saved from embarrassment and irritation.

Taking the bowl of hot, spicy c noodles in her hand, Noor made her way out of the kitchen and towards Farha's room. She sniffed the pleasant aroma of the delicacy in her hand and closed her eyes with a smile, she loved when her cooking came out perfect. But when she opened her eyes her smile dropped and a look of complete shock formed on her face. There in front of her, a few steps away  stood someone she had been avoiding like a plague.