Birthday Party

Damon, Charissa, Joan, and Jordan started mingling even after school for a few months. Damon and his ginger crush started dating and the good news quickly circulated to the school. Jordan and Joan, the other pair just remained platonic friends.
On the 19th of August, a week before Damon's birthday, he asked Jordan for assistance with his birthday party preparation. His parents wanted him to have a birthday party because it would be his last in high school. They clean the swimming pool, the yard, and the living in preparation for the party. Damon invited some buddies at school to his birthday party. Two days to his birthday he was coming back from the school cafeteria when he was confronted by Randy.

"C'mon Randy, when would you ever change?"

"Shut up Sherman, I heard you're having a birthday party. Some of these kids got invited but we didn't."

"Oh, you're upset because you didn't get invited? No, we don't want bullies at my birthday party."

"Parties are supposed to be fun, right? We won't cause any trouble."

"I don't think having you at my party would be a good idea after what happened between us. My parents would be upset if you show up."

"I promise we would be of good conduct, almost half of the students in our school would be there, we don't want to miss the fun. You can convince your parents we won't be any hassles."

"[SIGHS] Fine but on one condition. You arrive early to assist with the decorations on Saturday to put on a good impression."

"Okay, we will help."

"Okay."

Damon and Randy shook hands and parted ways.
Kids in school were delighted about Damon's birthday party and the news spread like butter on toast. Damon went to the school library to return a history book he borrowed a few weeks back and he found Charissa studying, turns out Charissa had been struggling with chemistry classes and Damon helped her study. An hour after, Joan came into the library, she saw Charissa and Damon studying and walk up to them, she addressed them as 'lovebirds' and told Charissa she had been looking for her. Joan said she was not certain if she would make it to the party because her mom might be working a night shift on Saturday and she has to babysit her sister. Jordan showed up at the library a few minutes later looking stressed.

"Hey, I have been looking everywhere for you guys."

"What happened to you Jay? You look like a walking zombie," Joan said.

"I've been busy with the questions for Damon's birthday party games. I'm mentally exhausted."

"Aww, that's so sweet of you. Sorry, Jordan," Charissa said complimenting Jordan for his effort.

"Thank you, buddy. I appreciate your help. What games are we playing?" Damon said.

"Monopoly, Chess, Spin the bottle, I would have added a drinking game but we are not allowed to drink."

"Ah, now I see where you're fixing questions. Just make sure they are not too wild," Damon said.

"You know me," Jordan said with a vicious grin.

They all laughed and chilled most of the day in school.
On Saturday morning at about 11 AM, Randy and his buddies arrived at Sherman's house, Mrs. Sherman didn't want them to stay but Mr. Sherman persuaded her to give Randy a second shot. Randy pledged to be decent and helped with the ornaments and cleaning.
Mrs. Sherman made a luscious lunch for the boys, while they were all having lunch at the dining table, Mr. Sherman urged Randy and his pals to quit bullying kids, the boys were remorseful after Mr. Sherman's pep talk and they swore to put an end to hurting kids and be nice instead.
Later that evening, Joan asked her mom if she could take her sister to the birthday party with her instead of staying back home to babysit.

"Mom, I want to attend Damon's birthday party."

"Jojo, I'm on a night shift and his birthday party starts at 7 PM. That is the exact time I'm supposed to be at work."

"Can I bring Lola with me then?"

Mrs. Johnson heaves a sigh, puts her hands on Joan's shoulders, and tells her;

"You can go with your sister on one condition, you have to keep her close and don't let her out of your sight."

"Mom! Lola is twelve. You want me to babysit her at a birthday party?"

"Take it or leave it."

"Ugh! Okay, fine."

"And one more thing, no boys!"

"Uhh uh... no boys, mom."

Mrs. Johnson left for work around 6:30 PM, shortly after she left Joan and Lola got dressed for the birthday party and proceeded to the Shermans' house where all the fun is emerging tonight.