A Lover's Wager

On a beautiful morning, about three weeks after Damon graduated from high school, Mr. Sherman searched the mailbox and found a letter mail, he took a glimpse at it and return to the house.

"Buddy! Buddy!! A mail came in for you."

"I'm coming dad, I'm about to clutch this round."

"Come on out, you've got to see this fast, the game can wait."

Damon reluctantly left the video game he was playing, pulled a shirt on, and dashed to the living room to see the mail that came for him.

"What does it say?" Damon inquired.

"Here, read it," Mr. Sherman handed the mail to Damon. He broke the seal on the envelope, took out a letter, and read silently for a few seconds.

"No way! My admission into MIT has been approved!"

"Congrats buddy, I'm so proud of you. Your mom would be very much delighted."

Damon sprinted back to his room, grabbed his headphone, placed it over his head, and radioed into his microphone.

"Jordan, you're not gonna believe what just happen."

"Where have you been dude? You had me playing solo! I had to clutch a one versus four."

"Trust me, it was worth the AWOL."

"What the heck happened?"

"I got a mail from MIT, I'm going to Massachusetts!"

"Woah! Congratulations, man. Let's celebrate this with a win in the next round."

"I am too psyched to play right now."

"Stay calm, and let's get this win."

"It's mentally impossible to remain calm. I'm coming over to your place."

"Uh, alright."

Damon turned off the video game and presided to Jordan's house. On his way, he texted Charissa to inform her of the good news - "Hey babe, I just got admitted into MIT! I'm going to Jordan's house now. Text you later xoxo."
When Damon go to Jordan's house, he was welcomed by Drew; Jordan's stepdad. He galloped to Jordan's room, and knocked on the door but didn't wait for Jordan to respond before he rushed in and threw himself on his friend.

"I'm so happy for you, man. You should have let us get that win."

"Dude, I'm shaking right now!"

"I can imagine, did you tell your girlfriend yet?"

"I texted her on my way here."

"Alright, cool. Now I think this is a good time to tell you this, there's something I've wanted to ask you."

"What is that?" Damon asked as Jay went to take a seat on his gaming chair.

"So now that you have been assigned an entry into MIT, what about Charissa?"

"What about her?"

"Massachusetts is on the east coast and you're going to spend the next five years there. How are you guys going to cope?"

"Duh, won't I get to see her when school is on break?"

"Yeah, true but that's not exactly my point."

"Well, what's your point?"

"Look..." Jordan said then lowered his voice.

"A girl's mind is temporary, if she doesn't see you for a long time, she might crave attention so much and end up with some other guy."