two

-serena powers-

It's currently 6:00pm and I'm just getting back home. I stayed with Apollo for a couple of hours, playing, talking, catching up, etc. After that, I hit the mall and Homegoods buying things for my new house. I bought a lot of stuff so there is no going back now. I really just bought all the stuff I couldn't buy when I lived at home. Plus I want this house to look like my house. Not anyone else's.

"Serena, you're finally home." My Papas voice is the first thing I hear when I step a foot into the door. I decided to leave all my bags inside the car. Smart, smart, smart choice, I think when I see my Papa has been clearly waiting for me. "I have somewhere to be, so can we have this talk now? If not, I really don't even care to know what it is." Papa stands in front of me, spitting words he thinks are normal, but stab me. Yep, it's time to leave.

"Yes, we can talk about it now. I want to get it over with also." I say, not even looking at him, simply acknowledging him with a quick peek at his face. "Mama!" I yell, walking into the kitchen, which she is not in. Hm, interesting. She hardly ever leaves the kitchen. It's what she calls "Her Safe Place" and I fully respect it.

"Yes, hija?" She comes out of the double glass doors, leading to the backyard, taking off her gloves. She was gardening. Her, as she calls it, "Second Safe Place" which I also fully respect. You need multiple safe places when you live with Easton Powers.

"I think we should have this talk now. Just to get it over with." I smile to ease her worries. My mama worries like never before. She returns the smile uneasily, shifted her weight to her other foot. She's nervous. I can tell with the way she keeps looking back and forth between me and Papa. How her smile doesn't reach her eyes. How she picks at her finger nails.

"Mama, It's okay." I walk over to her, sharing my warm smile, hugging her tight. I'll be 10 minutes away, I promise. "It's nothing bad, I promise."

***

"Nothing bad?!" My mama shouts rising from her seat at the huge, long dining table. Well, I don't know what to say. I mean, I didn't think it was going to be that bad. To be honest, I feel like my Mama wants me to leave. She knows how unhappy I am. Living with him. But I also know she doesn't want to be alone with him either. Maybe that's just what I think.

"You're leaving me?" Her voice breaks, as she turns around, making my stomach drop all the way down to my feet. I rise also walking over to her giving her a hug.

"Mama." I say in a stern voice, demanding voice. She knows that I'll never leave her. "Te amo demasiado como para dejarte alguna vez. Tú lo sabes."I love you too much to ever leave you. You know that.

"I know, I know." She shakes her head as if it was stupid to think that. It was. "I- I don't know how to explain how I'm feeling right now. I'm just going my miss my only daughter." Her eye start to tear up, as she finally makes eye contact with me. Fucking hell. I get that she's going to miss me, but I'm not dying. I'm going to miss her like hell too, but I'm going to visit her all the time.

"Don't cry, Mama. It's okay. You know I'm going visit all the time-"

"How do you except to pay for all of this?" My Papa crosses his arms, leaning back into his chair, a smug look on his face. I resit the strong, strong urge to slap the fuck out of him. Why does he always feel the need to say something? I slowly let go of Mama, walking the few steps back to the table, taking my time. Breathe, Serena. I put both of my hands on the table, leaning in more to get a better look on his face. His long, dark beard and his bulky body.

"Do you not think I have my own money?" I ask, taking my time, pissing him off. I will do everything in my power to piss him off since that's what he loves doing to me. I never understood why he disliked me if were being honest. But I truly and honestly don't care because I don't like him either.