three

-serena powers-

After taking a long enough shower to calm my nerves, I finally get out. The shower is my safe place. In there its like I forget everything that made me sad or mad or frustrated. As I'm walking out of the shower, my bare toes walking along the tiled floor, I see how the wrinkles in my hand are more than last time. How long did I stay in the shower? God. I grab a towel, wrapping it around my body. I'm still looking at my hands as I walk into my bedroom.

"I see you had a bad day already, huh?" Soleen Powers voice damnear knocks me over. She's sitting on my not-made bed, staring at my face with a look of sadness. Sometimes I hate the fact that my mom knows me well. She doesn't know how often I'm sad but she does know what I do when I'm mad. I put on the realest smile I can muster up before walking over to my box of clothes.

"No, Mama." I let out a chuckle. "The water just felt great today. Plus, great showers means great days!"  I turn back around and smile at her. For a small second I'm afraid she can see through my bullshit facade. But then she lets out a small smile.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure. But do you need help packing?" She already started taking down my wall clock. I just smile and shake my head, walking back into the bathroom. I put a black spaghetti strap top and black biker shorts since it's hot again today. Fucking shocking. I brush my now damp hair before throwing it into a bun. I nod in the mirror before going back out to help my Mama. I see Ryder's now here, helping my Mama move boxes down stairs.

"Okay, your room's all cleaned out." She looks around the now empty room. I'm leaving my bed here since I already ordered another one. "Anything else to do?"

"Yea, the bathroom. But it's not too much." I grab a box, walking down the stairs along with my mom. I see Ryder dropping a box by the door. He stands back up, letting out a loud huff. Me and my Mama sniffle at laugh at his distressed face.

"Goddamn, Serena. Who would have known you have like a thousands damn boxes of only fucking books." I cringe at his language but laugh at what he said. He's so dramatic.

"I don't have that many." I sit my box down beside my Mama's. "It's only five right here. The rest are in my car." Ryder looks like he about to bolt, which make a let out a loud laugh, following by my Mama.

***

I'm finally here. Alone. By myself. I feel so at peace, it's almost overwhelming. Ryder and Mama left not too long ago once I told them I could cover the rest. Mama looked like she was going to start sobbing but she had Ryder to keep her sane. She most likely cried on the way home. I just want her to realize I'm not moving to another state, just a different house. Plus, I'm going to see her tomorrow anyways.

This house is so cute. It's a classic two story, three bedroom house. When you first walk in, the living room and dining room are to left and if you keep walking you'll pass by the mud room and stairs. Eventually you'll make it to the kitchen and a door that leads to the back yard. Going up the stairs you make it to the loft. Turning to the left, you'll get inside the first bedroom. Keeping straight, you'll go to the second bedroom. Turning to the right, you get the master bedroom, my bedroom.

I'm thinking about making the first bedroom a library, something I couldn't do back at home. Ryder called one of his friends over to help him put the bed together. But that's pretty much the only thing that's put together. It's just boxes after boxes in the house but I wouldn't ask for anything else. Tomorrow I have a lot of shopping to do and I couldn't be more excited. Since my TV is not put up, I have to watch something on my laptop. But I barely watch it before I asleep.

I'm literally closing my eyes when I get a text from an unknown number. What the hell?

Unknown to Serena at 11:27pm: Serena. I miss you, baby. Vernisʹ ko mne. YA znayu, ty khocheshʹ menya. Come back to me. I know you want to.