seven

~serena powers~

"Whatcha going to do to him?" I ask my Papa as I bite on my nails. Me, Ryder and him are currently watching him from the window. He can see us and we can see him but he cant hear us. Like one of those investigation rooms from the TV shows. He makes eye contact with me and smirks. I raise one of my hands and slowly show him my middle finger. Beside me, Ryder does the same. I let out a little chuckle.

"I want to kill him, Serena." Papa turns and looks at me in my eyes. "But I don't have time for your damn weeping when the ball is right around the corner." He rolls his eyes and I feel Ryder tense beside me. It's really hard for Ryder to hold his tongue. He's probably going through it right now.

"Then don't kill him." I offer sheepishly even though I'm slowly not caring about Ivans life any less then he is. Why does he keep coming into my life when he knows who my father is? Any smart man would run. Obviously his dumb ass is not smart.

"Why would you want that? Unless you're sleeping with him again." Papa accuses and I don't even pretend to hide my shock. What the fuck?

"Im not sleeping with him, Papa. What is wrong with you? Why would you even think that?" I cross my arms over my chest as I look at him in disbelief. Why would I get back with an abusive asshole? It doesn't even make sense. Let alone let him come to my parents house.

"Well, I don't know, Serena. Maybe because he showed up at my fucking house!" He pangs his fist against the window, anger radiating off of him. Well, what the fuck does he want me to do? I didn't tell him to come to the damn house.

"Well, I don't know what you want from me! I didn't tell him to come to the house, he did that all on his own! Yell at him, not me." I yell before marching out of the room. Damn, what an asshole. I hear Ryder jog up beside me as we walk in the halls underground. My Papa has been making these underground torture/investigation rooms since before I could talk. I know my ways down here like the back of my hand.

"God, I've been dying to get out of there since we got here. The anger coming off of him is like damn heat waves." He tugs to his black shirt. "Got me sweating and shit." He shakes his head and I let out a laugh. Lord, he is dramatic.

***

I'm currently out shopping, looking for dresses for the ball. I have never been but I know my parents have been several times. You know, when I was a kid and before I hated my father, I wanted to run the Mafia just like him one day. But then, I hated him and wanted nothing to do with him or anything that had his name on it. And I'm slowly starting move away from everything that ties me to him. I am the brain of all his company's. They would be nothing without me and he knows it. So I quit. I've been saving away money since I started working for my father and so has my mother. Apollos daughter, Meredith, will get the money Mama had put away for him. Speaking of Apollo, I just visited him a couple of nights ago. He looks worse. The doctors told us he only has a few weeks left, maybe a month if we're lucky. My eyes start to tear up at the thought. How am I supposed to do this without him?

"Privet! Mogu ya vam chem-nibudʹ pomochʹ?" One of the workers with short blonde hair asks me with a smile. I turn around, blinking the tears from my eyes, giving her the same smile. Her eyes slightly widen when she realizes who I am, but she continues to smile at me. Hello! Can I help you with something?

"Em, da. U vas yestʹ kakiye-nibudʹ balʹnyye platʹya, na kotoryye ya mogla by vzglyanutʹ?" I ask politely and she immediately nods her head and rushes off telling me to follow her. I silently chuckle at her fear stricken face. Man, that'll never get old. Um, yes. Do you have some ball dresses I could look at?