six

~damien solace~

After she finished sucking me off, we.. cuddled. It was the most intimate thing I have done in a long ass time. It was.. weird. But she seems to enjoy it. I got some information from her also. While I sat by her, I asked her questions like, "Have you heard about the Russian Mafia? I heard Easton Powers is Don."

She sat up abruptly, looking at me weird. For a moment, I thought she recognized me, even though that would be almost impossible. The only person who knows what I look like is Easton Powers. But instead she said, "You're not from here, are you?" She smiled. "Everyone knows about the Powers family. And their self-absorbed ass daughter." She rolled her eyes, and I internally smiled.

"You caught me." I smiled a fake smile. "I'm visiting from Italy. But tell me about them. How do you know about their daughter?" I asked innocently. She gave me a look, like didn't understand why I cared, but continued regardless.

"Um, Easton and Soleen Powers have been married for forever. I'm friends with their daughter actually, Serena. She's the person everyone stares at but she doesn't know because she's to focused on something else." She didn't even try and hide when she rolled her bright blue eyes. "She's beautiful. Just like her Mom. But her Dad is a dick. Since her brother, Apollo, has cancer, she's stuck with them. Well, not no more since she moved about three days ago." My ears perked up at that but I kept a calm, blank expression. "But other than that I don't know much about them. Serena doesn't talk about it much because she doesn't care for it. She just wants to have a normal life. She's so selfish. People would kill to have what she has, yet, she acts like she has it so hard at home. Selfish bitch." God. This is supposed to be her best friend? Who the hell says that? She seems to be in a bad mood so I rub her shoulder in an act of comfort that I don't want to give.

"So, why're friends with her?" I question, like I don't know the answer. Because it'll get her name out. Because she'll be known as the family friend to the wealthiest family in Russia. Every-time I talk to her, I start to like her less and less. Even though I don't know Serena, I some what envy her. And that makes me dislike her. Though, she was born into that family, she still has a choice to live a normal life. A life that I wanted until I didn't anymore. And it can be hard living with a Mafia Don. Shit, depressing. I know from experience and from what I can tell, this woman on me does not. She talks as if she knows everything but knows so little at the same time.

"Because I still care for her." She sighs. "I've known her for so long. She knows everything about me. Shit, she probably knows me better than me. But recently, she been.. weird. I don't know." She shakes her head, changing the subject. "But... we're not here to talk about Serena, are we?" Yes. Yes, we are. But I don't say that, of course.

"No, of course not. I just want to know about the place I'm visiting. I'm thinking about moving here, actually." The lie comes easily from the lips. But she seems to buy it. She kisses along my chest and I let my thoughts drift away.

What am I doing? Following my fathers rules like I always have. But once I become Don, he'll wish he never crossed me. He may still be respected and feared, but I'll be Don. And I'll rule in every way he couldn't. He tried to be hard too much. Didn't think things through and always reacted without thinking, exposing his flaws. He probably would be dead without me. His first instinct is to kill. While, I most likely will kill anyone who crosses me, I will think it through first. Unlike him. Several men want my fathers head, understandable so, and know his flaws. He gets angry too quick. Too easily. And rage equals sloppy. And sloppy equals easy to murder.

But he would never admit that. He'd never admit that I've saved his life more times than I can count. Because his ego could never take a blow like that. But I cant wait to prove him wrong. To prove to him that I am better than him in every way possible.