nine

~damien solace~

"Luis.. can you fucking get over it already?" I ask as we drive away from a grocery store. He was already pissed that I went out to the bar a couple of nights ago. Two to be exact. And then he bumped in a girl, falling while she laughed at him. It was hilarious. Then, a big guy came and picked her up like she was a child and placed her in front of a cart, pushing her away. She kicked him in the leg before running away. Then, she dropped her gun. A fucking gun. She looked everything but like a person who would carry around a gun. But she did look vaguely familiar.

The big dude came up to her and said something, making her roll her eyes while he tucked the gun into the holster at her hip, which she wasn't using. Strange. Then, she kicked him again, earning a small chuckle from me.

Now, Luis is really pissed.

"You know, I don't think she cares that much." I mumble, driving to the hotel. The ball is in about five hours. Luis says silent as I get a call.

Incoming call from Alonso Solace

I let out groan before answering the phone with a sigh.

"What do you want?" I ask, wanting to hang the phone up already.

"Don't forget who your talking to, boy. I have eyes on your every move. Disrespect me again, and your head will be gone." Alonso threats me. Again. What the fuck is his problem?

"Okay, cool. Do you need something?" I almost roll my eyes. Annoying piece of shit.

"I just wanted to let you know what a dumb piece of shit you are. How many times are you going to disappoint me, Damien? Don't you get tired of it? I asked you to do one thing! One fucking thing! And you couldn't do it. I asked you to keep a low profile and what did you do? Go into Easton fucking Powers' bar. His bar! You really are as dumb as I thought." He yells into the phone as I pull into the hotel. Luis makes eye contact with me for the first time today. I nod at him as he climbs out the car.

"But don't worry, you'll have a punishment. Remember those times when I told you that and you fell to the ground like a weak piece of shit and cried. Cried for your Mama." He laughs into the phone as I clutch it hard. "Don't forget those times, boy. Where my simple presence made you almost piss yourself. Don't forget." And he hangs up. I slowly bring the phone down from my ear, letting out a loud breath.

I can't wait to prove him wrong. I can't wait to have him on his knees, begging me for mercy as I hold a gun to his head. I smile at the thought, as I see it in the near, near future.

***
~serena powers~

"Are you ready to start getting ready, hija?" Mama asks as she enters my room at my house. We've been talking about the whole Ivan situation, getting that out the way. A couple of tears come but we both understood and got past it.

"Yea, I'm ready." Mama also brought over her dress. She and Papa wear all black to every ball with a hit of yellow somewhere. Yes, it's weird but I love it. Mama refuses to look like she's going to a expensive funeral. This year she's wearing a yellow crown with yellow heels. Love her.

She claps her hands excitedly as I sit down in a chair, letting her do my makeup. She knows I don't like makeup -other then mascara- so she agreed to do light makeup.