Chapter 3: Curious Wand

"Alright then line up everyone." Dad called to us from the fireplace after Perce had gotten back from town, and the breakfast dishes had been cleared up.

"One handful each, and remember to speak clearly." He told us, passing a small flower pot full of floo powder to each of us.

"Yeah or else we might end up in Brazil." Fred joked.

"Wouldn't mind going to Brazil." I added. "It's be a lot sunnier than here."

"Alright everyone have a handful? Good." Dad said as we all nodded. I held my handful above me just to make sure everyone could see. And much to the twins enjoyment it rained down over my head.

"Okay Percy you first." Perce nodded at this, stepping into the fireplace, saying clearly "Diagon Alley." Before dropping his handful of powder and vanishing in a wave of green flames.

"Who next?" Dad asked brightly grinning at us.

"I'll go!" I said hurrying over to fireplace, tripping over the rug and dropping my handful of powder onto the rug.

The twins burst into laughter at this. "Are you okay dear?" Mum asked rushing to my side, glaring sternly at the twins.

"I'm alright thanks mum." I told her as she pulled me into a hug. I stuck my tongue out at the twins behind her back.

"All set then (Y/n)?" Dad asked me as I straightened myself out, and grabbed another handful of powder.

I nodded eagerly. "Remember (Y/n) speak clearly, we don't want a repeat of last time."

"Yeah it's a good thing Auntie Muriel was visiting France at the time." George said.

"Oh shaddup." I said to George glaring at him briefly before steeping into the fireplace. "Diagon Alley!" I said as clear as I could before letting go of the powder.

I the warmth of the fire as I started to spin around. I watched as fireplace after fireplace whizzed past me until the spinning stopped and I practically fell out of the fire, upsetting a table in the process.

"I'm alright I'm alright don't worry." I said getting to my feet and waving my hands at everyone. Most of them just glared at me.

"I'm sorry." I muttered to Tom the barman who grumbled as I passed.

"Don't worry I've got it Tom." A man said waving his hand and cleaning up the broken mugs.

"Thank you." Tom said, glaring at me as he left.

"Oh uh thank you sir... hey have I met you before?" I asked the man, as for a split second I thought he looked familiar, but as soon as it had come it was gone.

The man looked back at me surprised. "No I don't think so." He told me, looking at me through round glasses.

He had long black hair, that was neatly combed so that it was out of his warm eyes, that strangely were the same colour as mine.

He had a long black trench coat pulled around him, and offered a black leather gloved hand to me.

"The names Edgar." He said to me with a smile.

"Oh it's nice to meet you sir." I replied taking his hand. "Oh and I'm (Y/n)."

"Ah there you are (Y/n), should've known you'd be one to cause a scene." Perce said pushing through the crowd to them.

"Yeah yeah I get it Perce, I'm always making a scene." I told him rolling my eyes. Perce was always looking down at us, as much as he denied it he thought he was better than me, Ron and the twins.