Chapter 16: Christmas

Five minutes later, Harry Ron, Hermione and I left the library shaking our heads.  We had found nothing once more.

"You will keep looking while I'm away, won't you?" Asked Hermione as they say down for lunch. "And send me an owl if you find anything."

"And you could ask your parents if they know who Flamel is," said Ron. "It'd be safe to ask them."

"Very safe, as they're both dentists," said Hermione.

Once the holidays had started, Ron Harry and I were having too good a time to think much about Flamel. They were the only two staying in their the dormitory, so I had ended up sleeping in one of the empty beds.

The common room was also far emptier than usual, so we were able to get the armchairs by the fire. We sat by the fire eating anything that we could spear on a toasting fork — bread, English muffins, marshmallows — and plotting ways of getting Malfoy expelled, which were fun to talk about even if they wouldn't work, although I was certain it would work if we just kidnapped Filch's cat and hide her in Malfoy's trunk, the others sadly were not on board.

Ron also started teaching Harry wizard chess. I never really got into it much, but Ron loved it and was really good at it too. He had brought our grandfather's old set, which may have been one of the reasons he was so good, they knew him so well.

Harry on the other hand, played with chessmen Seamus Finnigan had lent him, they didn't trust him at all and would yell bits of advice at him which was often contradictory.

I went to bed on Christmas Eve, excited to celebrate it with Ron and Harry, for the food, but most of all for the new jumper. Mum always knitted us one for Christmas and I couldn't wait for this one.

"Happy Christmas Ron." I said to him, tossing him a wrapped pair of Chudley Cannons gloves.

"Happy Christmas (N/n)." He replied cheerfully, tossing me a package, which I ripped into immediately, finding funnily enough a pair of Tornadoes gloves.

I then tossed a present at Harry to wake him up. I'd gotten him a pack of chocolate frogs. "Happy Christmas." I told him as he stirred before jumping out of his bed excitedly.

"Happy Christmas," said Ron as Harry scrambled to the post of his bed.

"You, too," said Harry to the two of us. "Will you look at this? I've got some presents!"

"What did you expect, turnips?" said Ron, turning to his own pile, which was a lot bigger than Harry's.

Harry picked up a brown wrapped package gingerly, as though he didn't know what to do with it, as I pulled the wrapping off of a box of Licorice Wands.

"That's friendly," said Harry, holding a strange shaped coin in his hand.

Ron was fascinated by this. "Weird!" he said, 'What a shape! This is money?"

"Yeah I've never a coin that's not round before." I said to him, taking it from Ron.

"You can keep it," said Harry, laughing at how pleased we were. "Hagrid and my aunt and uncle — so who sent these?"

"I think I know who that one's from," said Ron, turning a bit pink and pointing to a very lumpy parcel. "Mum. I told her you didn't expect any presents and — oh, no," he groaned, "she's made you a Weasley jumper."

"Ah you're gonna love it Harry, they're the best jumpers around, never have I worn a more comfortable one." I said grabbing my own package and tearing it open.

My face fell slightly as a red jumper fell into my lap. "Ron I think mum sent me your jumper." I said tossing it to him.

"Nah this is yours mate." He said tossing it back. "See it's got your initial on it."