Chapter 25: End of the Year

I could hear chatter around me. Ugh my family was probably trying to wake me up.

"Five more minutes." I grumbled.

"(Y/n) wake up!" Hermione's voice called.

Wait what was Hermione doing in my house? I opened my eyes slowly to see I was not at home, but instead laying in the hospital wing.

"Are you okay?" Hermione asked me frantically.

"I'm'alright" I said looking around. Next to Hermione was Ron, his head wrapped in bandages, and behind them were Fred, George, Bill and Charlie.

"Wow I must be real famous if all you came out to see me." I mumbled.

"Nah you just woke up before Harry." Fred said.

"You just happened to also be here." George said grinning.

"Gits." I said. "Where's Perce?"

The others looked around at each other. "Prefect stuff?" I asked them halfheartedly. The others nodded uncomfortably.

I spent most of the morning talking with the others before Madame Pomfrey shooed them away.

I could see Harry laying in the bed across me, he still hadn't woken up yet. Although I did make a fun game of throwing things over at him. It was pretty fun until I got told off after hitting him in the face with a chocolate frog.

The hospital wing was extremely boring, and Madame Pomfrey wouldn't let me leave, even though I was perfectly fine. I did have a few visitors, including Dumbledore. I woke up one morning to find him sitting in a chair near my bed.

"Oh hey Professor." I said startled. Had he been watching me sleep?

"(Y/n) it's good to see you are doing well." He told me. "Are feeling alright?"

"Yeah." I told him, honestly it hadn't been that bad it had just felt like a really strong stunner.

"That's good." Dumbledore said staring into my eyes. For some reason an old memory of being knocked off a broom by Fred came into my mind. It was a strange feeling, as though the memory had been pulled to the surface by someone else.

I looked away from Dumbledore quickly, unsure what had caused that feeling. "Professor what happened to the stone?"

"It has been destroyed." He told me with a smile. I felt a bit sad about this, honestly I wanted the stone for myself just think about how much I could've done with it.

"For the best." Dumbledore added as though he had read my mind.

"And Professor Snape?" I asked him.

Dumbledore smiled once more. "Did the best he could to protect it." I looked up at him in surprise. "It was Quirrell, under the command of Voldemort himself that tried to take the stone."

"He's alive still?" I asked him, intrigued about how he had done it.

"Dark magic is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." Dumbledore said to me, with a warning look in his eye.

"Is there anyway to learn this power?" I asked him interested.

"I see you've had visitors." Dumbledore said gesturing to small pile of sweets near my bed. I could tell he was changing the subject, and although his voice was calm I could feel an anger beneath it. "Madame Pomfrey has informed me you will be able to leave soon."

I nodded at this, my mind still on how You-Know-Who survived. It must been some powerful magic, and it would be helpful to have something that could save me from death. If I ever needed it, how bad could it be.