Chapter 10: Sneaking out

Madam Hooch had rushed over to Neville and was now bending over him, her face as white as his.

"Broken wrist," I heard her mutter. "Come on, boy — it's all right, up you get."
She turned to the rest of the class.
"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you'll be out of Hogwarts before you can say 'Quidditch.' Come on, dear."

Neville, his face tear-streaked, clutching his wrist, hobbled off with Madam Hooch, who had her arm around him. No sooner were they out of earshot than Malfoy burst into laughter. "Did you see his face, the great lump?"

The other Slytherins joined in except for me.
"Shut up, Malfoy," snapped Parvati Patil, another girl in Gryffindor.

"Ooh, sticking up for Longbottom?" said Pansy Parkinson, a hard-faced Slytherin girl. "Never thought you'd like fat little crybabies, Parvati."

"Look!" said Malfoy, darting forward and snatching something out of the grass. "It's that stupid thing Longbottom's gran sent him." The Remembrall glittered in the sun as he held it up.

"Give that here, Malfoy," said Harry quietly. Everyone stopped talking to watch. Malfoy smiled nastily.

"I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find — how about — up a tree?"

"Oi just shut up Malfoy you must really like the sound of your voice." I said to him annoyed.

"No one asked your opinion Weasley." Spat back at me.

"Give it here!" Harry yelled, but Malfoy had already leapt onto his broomstick and kicked off the ground. He wasn't lying about knowing how to fly.

Hovering level with the topmost branches of an oak he called, "Come and get it, Potter!" Harry grabbed his broom.

"No!" shouted Hermione Granger. "Madam Hooch told us not to move — you'll get us all into trouble."

"Do it Harry show that slimy git how to really fly!" I egged him on.

"(Y/n) he could get in trouble." Hermione hissed at me. I just shrugged. "Better him than me" I though to myself.

Harry mounted the broom and kicked hard against the ground and up, up he soared; the air rushed through his hair, his robes billowing around him

Back on the ground I heard several girls gasp and Ron give a whoop of admiration. I just rolled my eyes muttering. "Show off."

He turned his broomstick sharply to face Malfoy in midair. Malfoy looked stunned. "Give it here," Harry called, "or I'll knock you off that broom!"

"Oh, yeah?" said Malfoy, trying to sneer, but looking worried.

I watched as Harry leaned forward and grasped the broom tightly in both hands, and before he shot toward Malfoy like a javelin. Malfoy only just got out of the way in time; and Harry made a sharp about-face holding the broom steady. A few people around me were clapping.

"No Crabbe and Goyle up here to save your neck, Malfoy," Harry called.

"Catch it if you can, then!" Malfoy shouted, and he threw the glass ball high into the air and streaked back toward the ground.

I watched as Harry leaned forward and pointed his broom handle down and the next thing I knew he was driving towards the ground chasing the small glass orb all.

Hermione let out a scream, as did a few people around me as he stretched out his hand, only a foot from the ground he caught it, just in time to pull his broom straight, and he toppled gently onto the grass with the Remembrall clutched safely in his fist.