5 - A Solar Calculator, a Game Ball and a Cheerleader's Bosom

Y/N and Georgie sat with the rest of Georgie's family.

Announcer: they've got to stop them in this series.

Ge/Mi/G: Come on!/ Damn it! / Geez!

OS: In Texas, the Holy Trinity is God, football and barbeque, not necessarily in that order. 

C: I don't care if you win, just cover the damn spread.

Ma: Mum, are you betting again?

C: No.

Announcer: ...fans on their feet, trying to urge the defence on.

Ge: Forth down.

G: Gotta punt.

Mi/Y/N: Gotta.

S: Statistically, always punting on fourth down makes no sense. 

G: Statistically, you're a dumbass. (Y/N Hits him) Ow!

Ma: Hey.

S: When the Aggies give up the ball on their own five-yard line, the opposing team has a 92% chance of scoring. When they punt from deep in their own territory, the other team still has a 77% chance of scoring. But since they convert on fourth down 50% of the time, the math says they should never punt again. 

C: (Whispers to Mary) Okay, you can tell me, who's his real daddy?

G: Sheldon, I've been playing and coaching football all my life. I don't think your math is right.

S: Really? Hang on. (He thinks) No, it's right.

Announcer: ...able to hold A&M to a field goal, they'll only be down six points.

C: (Whispers to Mary again) Is it your dentist? the little guy with the glasses. You can tell me.

===========================================================================The next day on the drive to school...                                                                                                                       ===========================================================================

Sheldon, Georgie and Y/N sat in George's truck.

S: How come Mom's not taking me to school?

G: Cause once in while your dad wants to spend time with you. My little shel-man.

S: But mum's car has a backseat. Statistically, I'm Much safer there.

G: Hey, I'm glad you brought up statistically. Do you think those numbers you talked about for Texas A&M would apply to my JV squad?

S: I don't see why not. Unlike our former principal, the math doesn't discriminate.

Ge: You're not thinking about taking his advice, are you?

G: Never mind you.

Ge: But he's wrong. Everybody knows you punt on fourth down.

S: Why does everybody knowing something make it right?

Ge: Because. That's what makes this country right. 

Y/N rolls her eyes at her boyfriend's reply.

OS: Many years later, my brother would use this same argument in front of a judge. He was still convicted of urinating in a phone booth.

===========================================================================At the football game...                                                                                                                                                      ===========================================================================