ch. VIII: im not dead?

TW: this chapter contains mention of suicide- 

Izuku’s POV:

I fell to the ground with a simple crack and everything went black. I was dead, finally. 

I woke up and sat up... I thought I was dead..? I turned around and saw my body with Kacchan standing over it crying… Why is he crying? I thought he hated me. I turn back around and saw someone. They looked…. Faded? Like a ghost. They had black hair that moved in the wind. It was quite long, it covered their eyes. 

“Izuku,” they said, their deep voice rumbled a bit

“Yes? How do you know my name?” I asked him.

“Because I have chosen you to become my successor. The next holder of my power.”
“Me? Why me? I'm just a quirkless nobody.” I said, shocked, looking down at the end. 

“You're not a nobody, you killed yourself because you thought it would help everyone. You are the definition of a true hero.” the man said to me. 

“How can I be a hero though? I'm dead,” I said, my eyes filling with tears again. 

“I have given you my power, you can be alive again. You will have the abilities of a demon/ghost. You will be able to turn invisible, like a ghost, or faded as I am now. You will grow taller and have horns and wings that you can hide. Your hair will turn white, indicating that you are no longer the helpless boy you once were.  You will become like a son, or related, to Hades and Anubis. They rule two different planes, but both are considered rulers of the underworld. This power was given to me by Hades himself. I am passing them down to you.”

“You're giving me your quirk? Is it like All Might’s and All for One’s?” I asked, he looked at me shocked before answering. 

“Yes, how did you know that their quirks can be passed down?”

“I know a lot of things others don't know about.”

Time skip

I'm witnessing my own funeral. Mom and everyone are crying, even Kacchan. I'm standing behind everyone, looking at my own casket. Aamon was standing next to me. My vision started to go blurry and I felt hot tears dripping down my face.

‘Am I crying? Why am I crying? I brought this onto myself.’ I thought

Aamon put his hand on my shoulder.

“Are you okay, Izuku?” he asked me in a hushed voice.

“Y-yeah, I'm fine. I just didn't think it would hurt so much. Seeing them cry, seeing how bad I hurt them by leaving.” I said, letting out a choked sob.

“You did what you thought you had to do. Yeah, it hurts them, but you were hurting while living. You were doing what was best for you.” he told me, rubbing circles into my back.

“I know, but I still don't want them to hurt,” I said.

~word count- 493~