Chapter I: Missing

I often wondered where it all went wrong.

When the kidnappings had started, I thought nothing of them. That was until they continued to happen for days, months, even years. For as long as I can remember, reality as we know it has been utter entropy.

What happens to the unfortunate ones remains a mystery. A mystery I intend to uncover.

We've been obliged to disregard the kidnappings for our own safety but I am determined to expose the truth for her, Lee Miyoung.

Hi, my name is Kang Yejun and my best friend was a victim of the underground kidnappings.

Bang! The bottle I had preserved for my emotions had exploded. All eyes were on me as the water faucet in my eyes was activated. Steamy hot tears streamed down my face as I sobbed, violently into the arm of my sweater.

Mrs. Yun took my arm, rushing me out of class. I valued her kindness. Mrs. Yun was like the mother I never had. My biological mother had died in a car crash when I was just 5 years old, I had barely survived. If my mother hadn't sacrificed herself for the sake of my survival, I wouldn't be here today, so for her sake I keep going.

Mrs. Yun wraps her arms around me, comfortingly. "It's alright sweetie, let it all out." She said, rubbing circles along my back.

"I miss her so much.." I choked out, followed by sobs. "I know, hon but she's going to be alright, I promise." she insisted but I know she was only saying that to make me feel better.

Lee Miyoung was my best friend, the only friend that really knew me. We were like two pees in a pod, we were inseparable until we were separated. The malevolent monsters took her away from me.

This was the day I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't just sit back and watch as innocent citizens were taken away. I was going to take action.

No more sadness, just pure anger.

Present Time
Here I was, following the mysterious, white-cloaked, masked man into an obscure, abandoned factory. When I entered the factory, my eyes had to adjust to the poorly lit area.

It was completely filled with absolutely nothing, nothing but a small door in the floor. It look like a bunker.

I entered through the small door, detecting a, seemingly endless, spiral staircase.

And with that my journey to get Lee Miyoung back had began.

After what felt like hours, I had finally reached the bottom of the staircase to be faced with another door. There's too many doors in this place..

With a sigh, I pried the door open. I was confronted with a dimly lit hallway, it reeked of death. I could've sworn i heard faint cries for help in the distance.

I pursued the hallway, feeling slightly fearful. My steps echoed throughout the empty hallway. As I got further in, I began to come across many rooms with large, blood tainted windows.

It was like a laboratory.

I peeked through one of the crimson stained windows, the sight making me gag. There was a boy, no younger than 16 strapped to the wall. His eyes were lifeless as his internal organs were spilling out of his open, stomach.

Next to him, a singular glowing red light, in a dystopia of darkness. The light got closer and closer until a figure emerged from the sea of darkness.

The red light came from the mask the figure was wearing, it covered their whole face accept for their mouth and their left eye.

I'd be a goner if I didn't start running when I did. I just ran and ran and didn't look back. It would be the end of me if I even hesitated for a second.

No matter how breathless I got, I just kept going. I must get out of here alive for her. Miyoung, i'll get you out of here.

How did I end up here? Running for my life as the masked man with the white cloak chased me as if there was a bounty for my life.

I was more thankful than ever for the fact that I had always been a fast runner. In fact I was so fast, they put me on the track team.

While running, I had noticed a pool of blood but it was already too late, I had slipped and fallen due to the crimson red substance. It had left splatters of blood all across my clothing. I felt as if I was going to  vomit.

I just got back up and continued running but the mad man was right behind me and he was catching up. The fall was a major setback, I was in big trouble now.

I had reached the end of the hallway. It was a dead end. I noticed a door to my left and without much thought, I entered it.

I observed the door from the inside and came across a lock. I locked it as quick as possible, pressing my back against the door. I slid down, my knees pressed against my chest, breathlessly.

I heard a faint voice from the outside. "Where did she go?" It questioned. The voice was surprisingly soft and sounded like a males voice. "Must've seen a ghost." He said, again.

His steps began to echo through the hallway, getting quieter and quieter until it was completely silent again.

I let out a sigh of relief as my heart pounded. That was a close one.

I had been so terrified, I didn't have the time to observe the room I had entered. Just like the rest of this torture chamber, this room was also poorly lit, the lights flickering. They clearly couldn't afford decent lighting. Unlike the other rooms, this one was small and obscure, with no windows.

Panic arose through me as I heard rustling coming from the dark corners of the room.

Another figure emerged from the darkness. I knew they were an employee the second the red light shun.

"You shouldn't be here."

A/N: Thank you for reading my first chapter. It's been a while since i've written any books but i'm back now and I hope you enjoy this! <3~ Raven.