Chapter V: Light of God, dimming weak

It had been months since I had been fortunate enough to feel the warmth of sunlight. I had given up on fighting. The last scintilla of hope had burnt out a long time ago. My fate was inevitable.

Never in the entire 18 years that i've been alive, have I wished for the grim reapers embrace more than I have now. I had found comfort in something I dreaded once upon a time.

However, God was not on my side, maybe he never was. Everything I had believed in felt like a lie, if a God was real, why would he be putting me through this? What could I have done that was so awful to be put through this unbearable torture? Maybe I had done something so sinful, I was already in hell. Maybe the big bad in control of this dystopia was Satan himself. If that was the case, I was the sinner they told me I was.

I had so many unanswered questions however I knew that they would remain unanswered even while I had no chance of escaping and their secret was incapable of getting out.

I heard rustling and before I knew it, the metal door had swung open, creating a loud crash sound as it hit the wall of the narrow cell. The crash interrupted the defeating silence of my thoughts.

"Since you have been such a good little sinner, I brought breakfast for you." Haechan announced, looking down at me, flaunting his power to taunt me over my lack of. I spoke not a word, not even sparing him a glance.

He crouched down to my level. That stupid mask came into view again. I didn't understand why he still had to hide his identity from me, I was here until my supposedly slow and painful death. There was no possible way i'd be able to expose this twisted purgatory. And either way i'd given up trying.

He swiftly placed a deliciously scented bowl of ramen in front of me. My mouth watered and I could've slobbered like an animal at that euphoric scent. I might as well have been an animal at this point, that's how they labelled and treated me.

He whipped out a pair of metal chopsticks and announced. "Open wide, i'm going to feed you." I granted him a look of annoyance. "Sorry not sorry, I can't take any risks." He shrugged.

He grabbed a few ramen noodles with the chopsticks, placing his hand under the noodles to avoid making a mess. Everything was already a mess, why bother avoiding another one if you have no intention of cleaning up the others?

He lifted the noodles towards my lips and paused before they touched them. "Blow. It's hot." He uttered coldly. I know he didn't intend for it to sound the way it did but my mind still wandered there. I gulped and pouted my lips, gusts of air exiting them as the steam blew away. Before I knew it, the delicious noodles entered my mouth. It was better than I expected. Digesting that ramen made me realise how ravenous I really was. That most likely cheap bowl of ramen felt like the most delicious meal to ever reach my taste buds.

I had quickly devoured this blessing of a meal, leaving my decorum far behind. I was in too deep to give a shit about decorum. "You seem like you enjoyed that, doll." He shun me a devilish grin. "I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling me that." I replied, sternly. I thought that eventually the name would grow on me however it didn't, ever since the betrayal that name has brought sickness to my stomach. "You're not really in the position to tell me what I can and can't call you." He had not a care in the world for my preferences. I gritted my teeth, holding back my rage.

"Come on doll, give me a smile." He taunted. That pushed me off the edge. As my legs weren't cuffed, I used my strong one and launched it at his crotch. He winced in pain, placing his hand over it, as if that would do anything. After realising what I had done, trepidation consumed me. As satisfying as it felt to hurt the one hurting me, I knew I had made a mistake. I regretted it almost instantly. He would make me pay for this.

That had also made me realise something, he could feel pain. He was human. Which made everything 10 times more depraved because that meant that he was remorseless. No... able to feel pain or not, it is inhumane to torture another being, mercilessly. In my eyes he was no human, he was a varmint disguised as a human.

He gazed upon me, that familiar fury lingering in his brown and red orbs. That singular pupil, glowed red, intimidatingly. No humans eye did that. What if he was an incubus? No... he couldn't be, he never displayed sexual desire, in fact he pledged strongly against it, which left many questions still lingering in my mind. If it wasn't my body they wanted, or to avoid their secret getting out, what was it they wanted from me? I knew there was another reason I was here and I needed to know.

Haechan grabbed my fragile body by the collar of my shirt, his face mere millimetres away from mine. I could feel his breath against my lips. "Stupid fucking bitch!" He yelled, violently, earning a flinch and a yelp from me. A look of distress filled my eyes and with that he paused, his gaze softening.

It was a look of guilt and realisation. For a second, he had known he had done something wrong. He blinked, the aggressive kind that caused your whole face to scrunch up, shaking his head slightly, snapping himself out of this guilty trance.

He slammed my delicate vessel back onto the ground, getting up, the empty bowl; once full, in his hands. He hastily left the room, as if he was ashamed of something.

Was that really sympathy in his eyes?

A/N: Tell a friend to tell a friend, SHE'S BACKKKKK. Anywaysss, sorry I was gone for such a long time, it's just been a super busy few months, I finished my exams, went on holiday, started college etcetera but I hope it was worth the wait. Thank you all for readingggg <333