Chapter II: Friend or a Foe

"You shouldn't be here." The voice echoed throughout the room. It was the voice of another male. Something about this voice was familiar, it was slightly high pitched and soft. Fear filled my eyes

"Listen, i'm not going to hurt you, i'm just going to warn you, this place is dangerous, too dangerous for a beautiful girl like you, you should get out of here while you still can." He spoke, sincerely. This gave me comfort.

"I can't leave... not until I get my friend back.." I replied, getting back on my feet.

"What's your friends name? I might be able to help you." He reassured. "Miyoung, Lee Miyoung."

"That rings a bell, we recently brought her in, she was a direct request from the boss." The boss? Who was this boss?

"Where can i find him?" I asked. "Woah, slow down. The boss isn't just someone you can willingly approach, only employees and very special people can see him." He explained. Great, now how am I going to get her back?

"But lucky for you, i'm an employee who doesn't exactly agree with the policy so i'll help you get your friend back."

That gave me hope. Maybe I can actually get out of here with both me and Miyoung alive.

"I have an idea, if I can get you the uniform, there's no chance you'll get caught." He said, enthusiastically. Perfect.

"Stay here, okay? i'll get you the uniform, don't open the door unless you hear five knocks." He spoke. "Okay, see you then.." He waved before exiting.

The second he left, I rapidly locked the door.

His exit gave me time to process everything I had just witnessed. All in one night I had faced my greatest fears.

I felt sick to my stomach. I collapsed to my knees, the trauma hitting me. My eyes filled to the brim with tears, I just quietly sobbed into the arm of my sweater, not wanting to make a fuss and expose myself.

I tried to cease the waterfall of tears but they seemed endless. This was too much for me to handle, I just had to suck it up or i'd have no chance of survival.

Around fifteen minutes later, I heard five knocks on the door.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Remembering what the man had said, I opened the door. There he was, the uniform in his hand. Phew, I was right to trust him. I let out a sigh of relief and stepped aside, giving him space to enter.

"Here, put this on." He handed the uniform over to me. "Turn around." I requested, to which he respectfully, executed.

I stripped myself of my original clothing, slipping into the uniform. I was so glad he was respectful because under my clothes concealed most of my insecurities.

The uniform was baggy on me but it would have to do.

"You can look now." I had finished changing. His body swerved, turning around.

"So what now?" I asked.

"Now we begin our search for the big bad." He suggested. "Sounds like a plan." I said, confidently.

And with that, our journey had begun.

"This place has the structure of a maze, so stick by me at all times or you will, undoubtedly get lost." He warned.

We had left the cramped area and began walking through the dystopian maze.

It seemed as if he knew exactly where he was going which amazed me because not only did this places lighting absolutely suck but it was also like a maze.

"Hey, I forgot to ask your name?" He froze at my question. "Oh sorry, was that too forward?" He shook his head.

"No, my name is Haechan." He introduced himself.  Something about that name... was somehow familiar. "What about you?"

"Yejun, Kang Yejun."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." He flirted. I blushed through the mask, being caught off guard. "T-This is not the time for f-flirting." I spoke, flustered.

"Come on, i'm just trying to lighten up the mood a little, you know?" I felt as if he could sense how flustered I was through the mask and I could tell it amused him. I could almost feel his smirk through the mask.

As we were walking through one of several corridors, we had noticed a fellow employee. The employee nodded to which Haechan returned the greeting. Acting natural, I did the same, not wanting to seem suspicious.

The employee just continued to walk in the opposite direction of us, meaning they had no suspicion of me. I let out a sigh of relief, continuing to walk beside Haechan.

After what had felt like hours, we had entered a room. This room was completely pitch black. I heard a rustle and then a click. There was now light in the room, the source being a flashlight.

"This room has weapons in it, equip yourself with whatever you need. It's not a likely possibility, but you'll thank me for this if you get caught." He said, observing some weapons himself. There were weapons everywhere, you couldn't avoid it.

I picked up a pistol, stuffing it in my pocket. I was pretty confident that's all I would need.

Haechan grabbed a few things, before sitting down, satisfied with what he had picked up.

"You ready, doll?" Doll?! did he just call me doll!?

"I'm not a doll but whatever, yeah i'm ready." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright let's go then, doll~." Again with the doll?!

"Stop calling me doll." I said, crossing my arms. "Oh but it suits you because you're beautiful, just like a doll." I blushed again. "S-Shut up.." i stuttered. "Let's just get, finding Miyoung out of the way, okay?" I said, straightforwardly.

"Okay okay." He said, exiting the room.

Back into the dystopian corridors we went.

Not too long later, we were entering another room, another pitch black one. Haechan opened the door for me like a gentlemen and I entered first.

I squinted, trying to make out something, anything but it was too dark to observe anything.

BANG!!

All of a sudden my ears began to ring, my sight becoming cloudy.

I looked down, a bullet hole pierced through my stomach.

I turned around, my hand placed on the bullet hole, as if it would actually stop the blood from gushing out of my stomach.

Before I knew it, I had collapsed onto the ground, the culprit staring me in the eyes.

Unconsciousness was consuming me and there was nothing I could do about it.

And with that, nothing but darkness surrounded me.

A/N: Thank you all for reading!! Let me know what you thought of this chapter, I appreciate all feedback!! <33