Chapter IV: Nothing's wrong, go back to sleep

???
"Ji, the boss wants to see you." The timid boys head lowers in disappointment as he knows what's to come, we all do.

FLASHBACK
BANG! The spine chilling silence was interrupted. The timid boy shot up, panic filling his pre-adolescent body. "Mark h-hyung, what was that n-noise?" he stammered, his hands quivering.

The older rushes to the timid boy as tears filled the young ones eyes. "Shhh Ji, it's okay, it's just fireworks." He brushes his hands across the timid boys back, comfortingly. "You're lying! Where's Hyuck hyung? and Jaemin hyung?" He sobs out. The young boy wasn't naive.

The timid boy shoved his hyung off of him. "I'm going to find them! Whether you like it or not!" He yells. "Ji, just go back to sleep, please!" He pleaded. "No!" The timid boys mind was set.

He left the room. The room he was forbidden to leave after sunset. He slammed the door behind him, creating a loud thump. He ran down the hallway, his steps quickly coming to a halt as he bumped into a much larger figure.

He looked up. "Hyuck hyung? Is that you?" His face came into view, pale and bloody, his eyes lacking life. "Nothings wrong, go back to sleep." The figure spoke, his voice monochrome.

His eyes widened, his mouth agape. The timid boy was traumatised by the sight unfolding in front of him. It was his hyung, but not how he once knew him.

END OF FLASHBACK
"???, escort him, make sure he doesn't pull any stupid shit." The man spoke, as if the timid boy wasn't present.

I grabbed the timid boys arm, aggressively.

Aggression; it was all I knew.

Yet the timid boy had no reaction, he had grown used to his superiors bullying him.

I lead him to the bosses room, knocking on the door. Just moments later, the boss pried it open, letting us both in.

"Do you know why you're here, Ji?" The timid boy nodded, without hesitation. "Good, I won't have to waste anymore time that I have to on your pathetic self."

The boss propped a cigarette between his lips, swiftly lighting it. Smoke rapidly spread throughout the room. After taking a puff, he placed the cigarette between his fingers.

"When are you gonna learn your lesson, Ji, stop fucking around and messing everything up! you're going to get us exposed if you carry on like this and if you do that I swear to God i'll be the last person you ever see!" He yelled, causing the boy to flinch.

"Y-Yes hyung... sorry hyung." He spoke, his head hung low. "You will be." He said sternly, putting his cigarette out on timid boy, earning a yelp. It left a bright red burn mark on his hand.

I watched the whole scene unfold, I knew the boss wouldn't be finished with him so soon, this had all happened before, thousands of times. The timid boy always misbehaves.

The boss pushed the boy onto a table, restraining his wrists and ankles. The timid boy had no reaction, we have been here before.

The boss whipped out the same old blade he always used. He wrapped a dirty old rag around his mouth to silence him.

He lifted the boys shirt, several scars consuming his stomach. They signified how many mistakes he made. One added after every mistake, same punishment for all of us.

The boss began to draw a new line, the blade submerging his skin, spilling the fresh crimson liquid.

The boy bit down onto the rag, sobbing into it.

Once the boss was finished with timid boy, he signalled me over.

"Yes hyung?" He smiled at me. "Thank you for your quick thinking today, you got us out of the shit he almost got us into, you did well today, i'm proud of you." I grinned at the compliment.

Validation from the boss is all we wanted, and i got it.

"Thank you, hyung." I spoke. "Keep up the good work."

It's crazy to think the boss was once the opposite of what he was now but this is all we know now.

YEJUN
Drip, drip, drip. All I could hear in this unbearable torture chamber. I had hit rock bottom. Miyoung was dead, I was stuck here. I don't know how it could get any worse.

Death. The one thing I wanted more than anything in the world right now. Oh how I prayed for the grim reaper to embrace me and put me out of my misery.

All the confidence I once had was now absent. In fact, I felt nothing.

My eyes shot up as I began to hear the metal door being pried open. "Who's there?!"

"It's me, doll~ I know you missed me~." He spoke, entering the small cell.

"Fuck off." I cursed, sternly.

He swiftly and aggressively grabbed my chin, causing a yelp. "That's no way to speak to the person keeping you alive right now." He uttered, through clenched teeth.

"I'd rather die then be in this shit hole!" I yelled, earning a slap. "Don't you dare yell at me like that, you little bitch!" I smirked. "ah~ harder~ that feels so good, Haechan~." I moaned out, receiving a look of disgust from him.

"Ew are you fucking the girl in there, Haechan?!" The soft voice from earlier yells. "What?! No way! She's just weird..!" He yelled back.

"So you shoot me and tie me to a chair, but i'm the weird one?" He rolls his eyes at my reply. "I couldn't have you ruining our plan, enjoy being stuck with us for the rest of your pathetic little life." My face contorts to an angry one.

"Asshole!" I attempt to attack him but my movements are immediately halted by the chains restraining my hands.

"Aw, you're so cute when you're mad, doll~ you know, if you were nicer to me, I would've fed you today, but no, you wanted to be a bitch, so i guess i'll leave you alone." He smirked, before exiting and slamming the door behind him.

A/N: I apologise for the wait, I hope it was worth it. So many mysteries to uncoverrr. Feel free to let me know your opinion, I love to hear feedback. Thank you for reading! 💚