Chapter III: Foe

My eyes shot open, nothing but darkness filling my vision. A single spotlight touching the surface. In the single spotlight, stood a single figure.

The closer I got to the figure, the easier it was to distinguish who or what it was. It was Miyoung...

She was in an awful state. Her lips blue and her eyes lifeless. I brushed a hand against her cheek, cold as ice. My hand had left a sticky crimson liquid stain on her cheek. My hands were coated in blood.

I fell back in horror, landing in more of the crimson red liquid. Now I could see her whole body. There were thick stab wounds all over her.

Tears filled my eyes. As I went to wipe them, I noticed something in my left hand. A knife.

That's when I had realised, I had done this. I was the culprit.

I threw the knife in self hate. That's when I heard the sound of flesh being impaled.

"That wasn't very nice, doll~"

I immediately recognised the voice. It was Haechan.

His body emerged from the darkness, the knife I had thrown impaled in his stomach. He had blood oozing from his mouth.

I backed up as he got closer, my back hitting a hard surface.

"Watch where you're going, murderer!" A voice yelled, angrily. Murderer? I'm not a murderer.

"Sorry but i'm not a murderer.." I said, getting back on my feet.

"Yes you are, You killed Miyoung and Haechan, you now must face your punishment." The voice said with a smirk.

"I swear! I didn't kill anyone!" I yelled, defensively.

"Stop acting so innocent Yejin! We know your hands aren't clean!" The owner of the voice kept getting closer and closer.

I began to sprint away but it wasn't long before my movements came to a halt. I had bumped into another person.

"You killed me! Don't deny it, doll~" Haechan's voice echoed. I looked up, His full face, without the mask was staring down at me.

"I- I didn't, I swear!" I said, swerving and running in the opposite direction. As expected, I bumped into someone, once again.

"You killed me, you bitch! I thought we were friends!" Miyoung's voice yelled. "No! This isn't real! That's not true!" I crouched down, curling into a ball and covering my ears.

They began to surround me. Clones of Miyoung and Haechan. The one faceless man stood in the middle.

"It's time for your punishment, you can't run away now."

"I didn't do it!" And with that, the dark atmosphere had completely disappeared. My eyes shot open and I was in a completely different room. It was all a dream.

"Seems you're finally awake, doll~" I heard Haechan speak. I attempted to move but it was practically impossible. I was confined to a chair with heavy metal chains.

I looked up and surrounding me were six employees.

"What's going on? Haechan, I thought it wasn't a likely possibility that we'd get caught..?" He let out a small chuckle, echoing through the room.

"I lied, silly. if you weren't so stupid, you'd realise that each real employee has a badge on their lab coats with a number on it, you however, did not have that." He smirked.

"I was never on your side doll, and you know the real reason I gave you that name is because you're pretty but easily manipulated."

How could I be so stupid? Now me and Miyoung are both going to rot in here.

I just looked down in disappointment. I was disappointed in myself for acting so foolishly.

"I was the one that shot you, doll~" Pain arose through me as I was reminded I had been shot. I hissed, my face contorting in agony.

He approached me, lifting my head up by my chin.

"Don't be so sad, you won't die," He said with a pause before whispering in my ear. "but you'll wish you could~" He said with a low giggle.

I spat in his face. "I trusted you, go to hell, pig!" I yelled in pure fury.

"How naive~? You made a big mistake trusting me, doll~" He said, wiping my saliva from his face. "That wasn't very nice, you know? We can kill you whenever we want, you can't afford having an attitude."

"Kill me then." I muttered. "What?" He answered, unable to hear me. "I said fucking kill me then!" I yelled, definitely loud enough for him to hear.

"Just because you asked, I think I might just keep you alive, doll~" He said, just to spite me. "And plus, what use would you be to us if you were dead? We are going to use you until you die." He said, a sly smirk plastering his face.

"Oh and by the way, your little friend, Miyoung, is dead." His words hit me like a billion knives, impaling me all at once. I froze, completely response-less for a few seconds.

I screamed, agonisingly loud. In this moment, I just wanted to be put out my misery. My emotions hit me all at once. I sobbed and cried, I had never wanted to be struck by death so badly. I was practically begging for the grim reaper to just come and take me to away.

"You know, screaming and crying like a little baby won't bring your friend back?" One of the employees complained. It was employee number six

"What did I do to deserve this?!" I yelled through sobs.

"Let your curiosity get the best of you, anyone ever tell you, curiosity killed the cat. In this situation you are the cat." Employee number four stated as if I was stupid and had never heard of the saying before.

"I'm not stupid, i've heard of the saying." I said, stubbornly. "Well you clearly are by coming down here." Employee number six spoke again.

"You should've listened to the warnings, we both know nobody comes out of here alive, we can't afford our secret getting out." Haechan spoke

A/N: This chapter has been a very bumpy ride, who would've known Haechan would deceive Yejin? well of course I would've known because i'm the writer but that's besides the point anywayssss, please feel free to share your opinions on this chapter, I'm happy to receive any feedback and thank you for reading!! <33