Chapter 1

Katerina's POV:

Katerina's POV:

As I finished shoving my bags into the car I turned to see my sister Bella standing with a cactus in her hand, staring at it as if it was the only thing keeping her alive.

Bella and I are moving to Washington Forks, a tiny and cold community where our Dad lives. We decided to move so our Mom could travel with her new husband Phil who is a minor league baseball player.

I'm excited to see Dad, it been a year and a half sense I've seen him, sure we called and texted almost everyday but it wasn't the same, it was limited and short due to the both of us having busy schedules. Him with paperwork and other duties that come with being the chief of police and me with ballet and school. Standing here I can see the regret to leave in Bella's face, she never liked forks it was always too cold and gloomy for her, she stopped visiting dad when we were thirteen, making it four years sense they last saw each other.

I wanted to go over there and tell her that everything would be alright and that we would stick together, but I couldn't. Bella and I may be sisters yet we couldn't be anymore different, where Bella was clumsy and awkward I was graceful and relaxed, when she liked to read and research, I liked to paint and watch tv, where she was a human copy of dad with her dark chocolate hair and pale skin, I was a human copy of mom with my red hair and peach skin. Our difference of personalities put a barrier between us and kept us from every really getting close and achieving that twin bond everyone though we would have. But I think we were both ok with the fact that we don't have that sisterly bond.

A hand lands on my should causing me jump and give out a startled yelp, I turned to see Phil with a sad smile settled on his face. " You ready to go?" he asks while slightly nodding his head towards the car beside us. I respond with a small smile and a nod then turning to get in the car we were taking to the airport.

-------<3-------- ( skipping the plane ride )

After what feels like FOREVER we finally get off the plane. The whole ride consisted of me sleeping or sketching while listening to music off of my Badass villain vibes playlist while Bella read a new book she had just bought. Baggage claim took a while because my bag was the last one to come off of the trolly, Bella seemed to be annoyed with waiting for my bag so I made sure to grab it quickly and to start looking for dad. It took six minutes of searching before I finally found him, he was standing there in his police uniform trying to look calm but I could see past it, he was nervous to see us.

"DAD." I cried out and stared sprinting as fast as I could with my bags in hand, I could see him chuckle and shake his head before I dropped my bags and jumped into his awaiting arms. His hug was warm and safe, I could feel my self untense and relax in his arms, I couldn't help but think this is what home feels like. "Katty, I missed you so so so much." he whispered and placed a soft kiss on the top of my head. Pulling away from the hug I muttered out a small "I missed you to Dad." with a large smile on my face.