Chapter 2

You never thought that this would happen. You never thought that this was real, and yet here you were, waiting in an airport and heading towards Jurassic World. You were offered to go in one of the spy jets, however, you declined. You wanted your first mission to last long, which meant waiting in an airport filled with humans.

You watched them hustle around to get to their plane. You've never really been out in the human world before. Sure you've met humans, like Donnie, but he worked at DMSS. These people were different. They didn't know about your shape-shifting abilities. They were regular people doing regular things.

There was still time before your plane was ready so you sat on a chair and waited. You were sitting alone until you felt a presence beside you. Turning to your left, you saw two boys. One was younger, playing with his dinosaur toy while the other one was older. You then gazed at him. He was texting on his phone with earphones plugged on, possibly listening to music. The oldest looked to be around your age.

"Sweet dinosaur toy." You mumbled to yourself.

"Thanks!" The kid smiled, causing you to flinch. You didn't expect him to hear you. "I got this when I was five."

"So....you like dinosaurs?" You asked awkwardly. You were hesitant to talk to this kid as both of you were strangers to each other.

"Yeah, I love dinosaurs!" He beamed proudly. "They're so cool and awesome."

"Jurassic World has a lot of dinos." You said, "That's why I'm going there."

The kid's eyes widened in surprise. His mouth was slightly agape when he heard that. You didn't mean to reveal that to him, but he seemed friendly enough.

"Me too." The kid smiled, "My brother and I are going together."

"Oh, that's...cool." You replied awkwardly.

"My name is Gray, by the way." He introduced, "What's yours?"

You introduced your name to him. Gray smiled, complimenting it.

"I can't wait to see all the dinos." Gray continued on. "Seeing them in pictures isn't enough for me."

"Do you have a favourite?" You asked.

"I like them all equally." He grinned, "What about you? Do you have a favourite?"

"I like the Allosaurus." You smiled slightly. Yeah, you were complimenting yourself, but so what? They were cool and a little underrated. "They may not be as popular as T-Rex, but they are pretty cool." 

"Oh, for sure." Gray agreed, "The T-Rex is amazing, but we can't forget about the others."

"Dude, what the hell are you doing?" Another voice scolded, causing you to flinch. "Don't you know anything about stranger danger?"

"He's not a stranger, Zach." Gray defended you. "He's my new friend and he's going to Jurassic World too."

"Well, don't bore him to death," Zach said disinterestedly, taking off his earphones. For a split second, he glanced at you, but then did a double-take. "I'm sorry that he's annoying you."

"I'm not bothered by your brother." You replied, "I think he's quite interesting."

"Yeah, sure, whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"Well, you must be excited too." You added. You weren't too keen on speaking to him, but you did it out of courtesy. 

"Nope." Zach replied, popping the P. "Dinosaurs are stupid."

"You're stupid for thinking it is." You muttered. Gray snorted, hearing what you just said.

"Look," Zach emphasized, getting slightly irritated. "My parents forced me to come. I'd rather be anywhere else but here."

"Like where?" You inquired.

"At his girlfriend's house," Gray responded, rolling his eyes.

"She's not my girlfriend." Zach shot Gray a look.

"But--" However, Zach cut his brother off with another glare. Gray then shut his mouth, not daring to finish. After that, it'd become silent. Zach went back to texting and Gray went back to playing with his toy. You then checked the time and saw that it was almost time to leave.

"Well, I'm off." You told the boys while grabbing your suitcase. They both looked up at you. "I have to catch my flight."

"We should go with you." Gray nodded, getting up from the chair. He then grabbed his luggage. "We're all going to the same place anyway."

"Well, I mean--" You paused. Admittedly you wanted to go by yourself, but maybe the company wouldn't be so bad. "Sure, why not? We can all go as a group."

"So, I guess we're The Three Musketeers," Zach stated. His voice dripping in sarcasm. He got up as well and then grabbed his suitcase. "This should be fun."

A/N: I honestly don't know if Allosaurus is an underrated dinosaur, but just pretend it is. Also, just pretend it's your favourite dinosaur. And, don't worry the next chapter will have more interactions between Reader and Zach.