Chapter 4

You stepped on the ground that harboured the island. You then took a deep breath. Finally, you arrived at Jurassic World. Grabbing your luggage, you and the boys began heading inside. All around you were other people going in the same direction.

"Do you see your aunt?" You asked Gray. He had mentioned previously that she was waiting for them on the docks. 

"No," He shook his head. There was sadness in his tone. "But, there is a lady with our names on a piece of paper."

He then pointed at the woman. She stood out in the crowd with a sign in her hands. You and Zach stared at each other before hesitantly walking up towards her.

"Um," Zach started awkwardly. "Hello?"

"Are you Zach and Gray Mitchell?" She asked with a British accent.

"Yup," You nodded, "That's them."

"Who are you?" She asked. Her attention shifted in your direction. "You're not on my list."

"I'm their friend." You replied. You then introduced yourself. "Who are you?"

"I'm Zara." She greeted, sounding disinterested in her job. "I'm Claire's assistant."

"Wow." Zach scoffed under his breath before rolling his eyes. You heard him mumble something under his breath, but you weren't exactly sure what it was.

"We better get going," Zara noted, staring at her watch. "I don't want to stand here all day. Besides, she'll be meeting you in the visiting centre."

"And also I wanna see dinosaurs!" Gray grinned happily. He grabbed the light luggage and then began running inside. Zara flinched at his speed and then followed after him. She had slight trouble due to her heels. You watched them go and then gazed at Zach. His expression was sour.

"Hey," You said, patting his arm gently. Zach blinked in surprise before staring at you. "Don't worry about it too much, okay? You're also here for fun, right?"

Zach sighed, "I...I guess."

"Good." You smiled slightly. " Then we better get moving."

***

"Where do you guys wanna go first?" Gray asked excitedly. You were all on the train heading towards the entrance gates. Through the windows, prehistoric trees and plants were in your view. 

"Um, I don't know?" Zach shrugged his shoulders lazily. He then looked at you. "Do you have any ideas?"

"Um--"

"Can we go on the Dino Spinning Eggs?" Gray grinned, "Or the Mosasaurus Show? I heard that it splashes water at you if you're in the front seat."

You cringed when you heard that. You disliked the thought of having lots of water splashing at you. Swimming was definitely out of the question. You remembered almost drowning a lot of times when training in the water. When you were on the boat, you stayed away from the handles. You didn't even want to see the liquid of death.

"Or the T-Rex Cage!" Gray rambled on. "Or the--"

"Gray, dude," Zach stopped him. "You didn't even let him finish."

Gray's eyes widened before staring at you apologetically.

"Sorry." He frowned, "I got too excited."

"That's fine." You said, thinking of what to say next. "I say we do them all."

"Yes!" Gray cheered. 

"But first," You continued, "I need to do something important."

"Then we'll wait for you," Zach stated.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." You noted. Unlike Zach and Gray, you were here for work. Although, you wished you could enjoy yourself. "Besides, Gray wants to go on all those rides now."

"He'll wait," Zach said.

"I'll wait," Gray repeated.

"Besides," Zach continued, "We have a week. It's not like we're outta time."

"Fine," You sighed in defeat. "If I don't come back early, then go without me."

"Deal." The boys agreed in unison.

For a moment it was silent, but then you heard bellowing in the distance. You then perked up. It was definitely a dinosaur. A dinosaur that you recognized all too well. 

"Do you guys hear that?" You questioned the brothers.

"Yeah!" Gray answered, getting excited. "We gotta check it out!"

You and Gray both got up and then began following the noise. It was at its loudest when you reached one of the windows. There you saw a herd of Brachiosaurus eating leaves on the tallest trees. You, Gray and the other kids couldn't help but gasp and have widened eyes. 

"Huh," Zach let out a slight breath. You turned around only to see him standing behind you. "Welcome to Jurassic World."