Chapter 18

Zach drove, busting through the gates at full speed. While the boys cheered, you flinched in fear. You didn't like how he navigated the jeep. It's no wonder he failed his driving test.

"See?" He smirked at you. "Wasn't that fun?"

"No, it was not!" You exclaimed, "Never do that again!"

Zach chuckled while you took a breath. As you relaxed a bit, you then heard screeching in the distance. Looking up, you saw Pteranodons and Dimorphodons flying above. Gray also saw them too and then began panicking.

"Go! Go!" He shouted at Zach.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Zach replied as he picked up the speed. Soon enough, you saw the gates and the two guards on top.

"We gotta warn them!" You ordered, raising your hands up in the air. "HEY! OVER HERE!"

"OPEN THE GATES!" Gray yelled. You were still very far away so, unfortunately, they couldn't hear you.

"Cover your ears." An idea popped into your mind.

"That's kinda hard to do when both of my hands are on the wheel," Zach noted.

"Well, then," You paused, "Just be careful."

"Why?" He inquired, "What are you gonna do?"

You narrowed your eyes, took a deep breath and then roared as loud as you could. It was loud enough for the guards to hear. They jumped and then almost fell but at least they heard.

Once inside, you exited out of the car and then ran. The park was unfortunately just as dangerous if not worst than outside. A flurry of Pteranodons and Dimorphodons swooped in and then harassed the tourists. You watched as some of the people got picked up by them as well. Everywhere you looked there were screams and crying.

This place was a total massacre.

You sprinted until you heard Zara's voice calling out to the boys. You three stopped and then watched her. Zara's heels clipped and clopped as she headed in your direction.

"Don't just stand there!" She screamed but was halted when an incoming Pteranodon swooped in to pick her up. She screamed as she was being carried away. You quickly grabbed her legs and then pulled her down, but the Pteranodon was too strong. Your grip was slipping, leaving you with one of Zara's heels. The rest of her, however, was with the Pteranodon. You saw another one fight with the first one, causing the first one to drop Zara into the pool.

You, Zach, and Gray went towards the pool. At first, you couldn't see her but then three Pteranodons all spluttered out with a drenched Zara. They were all fighting until one was victorious. As the winner flew away, the Mosasaurus caught them all in her mouth. She clamped it shut and then let gravity take over.

You three continued to run until you heard Claire's voice. As you followed her, a Pteranodon crashed near you. The boys jumped left while you jumped right to avoid her. You landed on the ground with a thud. You hissed in pain but then slowly got up. The Pteranodon's snout was just inches away from the boys.

You gritted your teeth. You've just about had it with these flying pests. Grabbing the Pteranodon by the legs, you pulled her away from the brothers. She squawked in distress by the sudden force. She then flapped harder, but this time, your grip was stronger.

"Go to hell you reptile reject!" You shouted, eventually letting her go. As the Pteranodon flew away, you threw Zara's shoe at her. She got hit, wobbled a bit but then resumed flying.

"What the fuck," Zach whispered in shock as he slowly walked in your direction. You saw him staring at you with wide eyes and a dropped jaw.

"Remind me to never get on your bad side," Gray mumbled.

"That thing was a pain in the ass." Your breath was ragged.

"Zach! Gray!" Claire called, causing you to flinch. You then blinked in surprise. So their Aunt Claire was the same Claire you'd seen before. Zach then turned around and saw her running towards him. She immediately and hastily caressed both boys' cheeks. "What happened?! Where did you go?! Why didn't you call?! I was so--"

"Who's that?" Zach ignored her questions while staring at Owen.

"That's Owen." You sighed in relief. "It's nice seeing you again."

"Likewise." He smiled a little. It then disappeared. "But, we better go."