Chapter 11

It was night time and everyone was asleep. You would've done the same, but you couldn't. You couldn't stop thinking about the picture on your phone. Hoskins said that it would save lives, but you didn't know what it was. Tomorrow you would have to get Donnie's help for sure.

You flinched when you heard the door knock. Nobody would be out this late, but regardless, you still got up from the bed and then opened the door. You sighed in relief when you saw it was Zach.

"What are you doing up so late?" You asked him.

"I wanna take you somewhere," Zach said.

"Where are you gonna take me at this hour?" You continued confusedly. "Nothing is open."

"Well," He drawled out. "There is one place we could go, but only if you're interested."

You searched his face, trying to figure out the clues to your following location. His expression was unreadable which didn't really help a whole lot.

"Alright," You sighed in defeat. "I'm interested. Where are we headed?"

***

"It's a club." You confirmed, "It's a fucking club."

You and Zach waited in line. There were lots of people in front and behind you. The sign on the front glowed in neon colours, calling itself the Sexy Rexy. Next to the words was a picture of a T-Rex posing seductively. It also glowed in neon colours.

"I never would've thought that Jurassic World would have this." You gestured to the club. "Where did you find this?"

"I heard about it through the other tourists," Zach explained.

"And here I thought this place was innocent." You chuckled half-heartedly.

"This place is filled with dinosaurs, dude." He added, "And, you know, dinosaurs aren't so innocent either."

"I guess you have a point." You smiled which caused Zach to smile as well. "We cannot let Gray know about this."

"Don't worry about that," Zach reassured you. "I won't tell him."

As you moved up the line, the music started getting louder. A big, burly bodyguard was standing at the entrance, allowing only adults inside. A slight wave of nerves suddenly washed over you.

"Have you ever been to a club?" You asked, trying to distract yourself.

"Oh man," He breathed out, reminiscing on his past experiences with a grin. "I used to go clubbing with my friends."

"Damn." Was all that you could say.

"Have you?" Zach questioned.

"No." You replied, fiddling with your fingers. "This is my first time."

"Oh!" His eyes widened in surprise. "Then I'll make this night the best one yet!"

Despite being nervous, you still managed to smile a little. You were grateful that Zach wanted you to have a good time. You weren't really a party person, but maybe you could give it a try. You gave a slight breath as you got closer to the entrance. Finally, you came face-to-face with the bodyguard. You handed him your ID as he observed it. He gave a curt nod, letting you and then Zach inside. 

"Holy shit!" You gasped.

There was so much happening in this club. The music was now thunderous as it pounded in your ears. Colours illuminated everywhere while people were dancing on the dance floor.

"Hey!" Zach called, "Let's get something to drink."

He grabbed your hand, taking you to the bar. Sitting on one of the barstools, you watched Zach order two drinks from the bartender. The way she made them was almost like she was performing a magic trick. It was smooth, effortless and honestly, you were impressed. She finished them and then handed you and Zach the drinks.

"Does this have alcohol in it?" You shouted.

"No!" He replied back. "I ordered two Pina Coladas without it."

You nodded before putting the straw in your mouth. As you took a sip, the sweetness of the drink filled your tastebuds. You had to admit, Pina Coladas were very delicious.

"How is it so far?" Zach asked.

"It's okay!" You answered back. You hated that you had to scream, but you had no choice. "So, what do you normally do at the club?"

"I usually just chill at the back." He responded, "My friends, however, dance with a lot of hot people."

"Do you like dancing?" You continued.

"I hate dancing!" He cringed, causing you to laugh. "I rather just talk to hot people instead."

And so there you were sitting beside Zach and chatting with him. He told you some stuff about his life while you told him little about yours. You were still slightly overwhelmed with clubs, but as long as Zach was here, you'd be okay.

A/N: In my original Zach x Reader fic, I had them go to a club and dance, but here they're just chilling and drinking Pina Coladas. Also, yeah Zach and Reader are gonna be eighteen in this book. I don't really know how old Zach really is but let's just assume he's eighteen for the sake of this fic.