Prologue

#Only Sample is Available

Anvita:

I was getting ready as the bridegroom is visiting us to see me. I don't understand this concept of match making. How could two people make the major decision of their life just by seeing each other and hardly having any conversation? I don't oppose arranged marriage but I feel it's not suitable for me. Even my parents know little about me. They wanted me to be a complete traditional girl but I became a rebel who can't accept many customs that make girl low in the society. And this kind of traditional match making is one among them. I shut my eyes for a while hearing my mom calling me.

"Anvita, are you ready? The bridegroom is here. Your dad is calling you," my mom said and I nodded.

"He looks very decent and good. I truly feel you will be happy with him. I hope he will say yes to this alliance," mom said, praying to all the Gods she knows.

I felt irritated. Even if he wants to say yes, I will surely make him say No. I went calmly to the living room and sat before the bridegroom. He looked at me and smiled. I didn't respond and was thinking of the ways to break this alliance.

"I want to talk to her separately," He said.

My parents agreed and we went to the terrace.

"Hi, I am Dhruv, CEO of the Dhruv Group of Companies. I completed my MBA from Harvard Business School. May I know about you?"

"Haven't you gone through my biodata? I think already my parents have said everything about me to you. However, I want to tell you something important," I said.

CEO of Dhruv Group of Companies. What an attitude! I just don't understand why is he so egoistic though that wealth is earned by his parents.

"Tell me," Dhruv said.

"I am not ready for this marriage. I love Vedanth. Please say no to this alliance. I can't marry you when I love someone else," I said the truth.

I love Vedanth. He is the first and only love of my life. I can't imagine anyone else as my husband except him.

Without giving a chance to Dhruv to speak, I went back to the living room and he too came there.

"Do you like the bride?" the match maker asked Dhruv. Dhruv glanced at me for a while.

"Yes, I like her," Dhruv said, shocking me and making my parents happy.

"I will soon send my parents to fix the date for the engagement and marriage. Within a month, I should leave India because of expanding my business in UK. So, I want this marriage to complete before I leave. Don't worry, all the marriage works will be taken care by my staff," Dhruv said. Dhruv and my dad had a talk for sometime and then he left the house.

I called Dhruv in the evening.

"Hello, this is Dhruv speaking. Who are you?"

"I am Anvita," I said.

"Wow. How did you get my number?"

"That doesn't matter. Why did you say yes to this alliance when I requested you to say no?"

"Anvita, your parents asked me whether I like you or not. I said yes because I really liked you and your attitude. Of course I understood that you love someone else. But I believe that these days, everyone has a past. And what impressed me is your honesty. You are so straightforward and I like it.

If you don't like me, that's your problem and you should deal with it. You still have the time for Engagement and Marriage. Tell to your parents that you don't like me.

Anyways I want to remember you that you didn't request me to say no. You just ordered me to refuse the marriage and I never pay heed to orders. I have many works. Please don't waste my time. Bye," Dhruv disconnected the call.

I didn't understand what to do and how to cancel this marriage. Why is Dhruv so adamant to marry me? I don't like him or his attitude. How can I say no? Parents do and give everything their child ask but in the case of marriage, most of the parents don't bother to know whether their daughter likes the bridegroom or not. They consider how good looking the bridegroom is, the wealth and work he does, the reputation of his family and so on but discards the opinion of the bride.

Hi friends, how is the prologue? Do they get married? Why did he say yes knowing that she loves someone else? Can he handle her hatred for him and can she handle his unpredictable nature? Can a simple knot keeps them together forever or their mismatched opinions separate them even before getting tied to each other?

Comment and let me know what do you think about the prologue.. Feel free to share your opinion on the story. Thanks