I don't like you

Anvita:

I don't know when I fell asleep but Dhruv's calling made me awake.

"We reached our home," Dhruv said. We got out of the car and I was about fall down because of drowsiness but Dhruv held me carefully.

"It's ok. I am there to take care of you," Dhruv said.

Dhruv's sister welcomed us into the house and I lit the lamp infront of the God as per his mom's instructions. His mom tried to say something but Dhruv cut it off.

"Mom, Anvita is weak. I think she's tired with rituals. She needs rest," Dhruv said.

"But the remaining rituals...."

"Mom, Anvita is important than rituals to me. I am taking her to the room. She will take rest. Send the food to the room," Dhruv said and took me to the room.

I sat on the bed and Dhruv gave water to me.

"What would your parents think of me? You just stopped all the rituals," I said.

"What's there to think about it? You are sick and I know usually everyone expects bride to be active, energetic and happy throughout the marriage. But the truth is bride gets tired, weak and confused with tension, nervousness, rituals and sad as she leaves her parents. It's not good to make her overwhelmed in the name of rituals. Don't worry about all these things. I know how to handle everything. This is our house and we no need to think about anyone or anything. Just relax," Dhruv said.

I washed my face and changed into a simple saree to feel comfortable. Dhruv's mom brought lunch for us.

"I am sorry, aunty. I ruined everything," I said.

"Chill, Anvi. Why are you bothered too much? Rituals are there to make you both close and happy but not to suffocate you. If you are tired now, just take rest. We will keep rituals later on. The important thing is you both should enjoy every ritual happily. Just be cool," aunty said.

"Mom and dad," I said as I didn't saw there anywhere. I didn't observe them while coming as I felt too dizzy.

"I made arrangements for their lunch. After that they will come here. As you were about to fall unconscious, I brought you here immediately. So I didn't have time to talk to your parents and ask them to accompany you," Dhruv said.

Aunty left as someone called her. Dhruv sat beside me and served the food to me.

"Have your lunch, Anvita. Please stop thinking much about rituals. I agree India is known for it's culture and every ritual has an unique meaning. I respect our customs. But in the present times, people made customs as a burden erasing it's true meaning completely. In the past, marriage was done for many days. So we have time to do all the rituals and take rest. In these days, we don't have time to take many days for marriage, so we are completing rituals very fast making bride and bridegroom restless. They don't even get time to understand each other or to be comfortable with each other. I truly feel people should focus on making the couple closer than on all these rituals. Anyways don't worry, you will complete all the rituals but slowly and not in a hurry," Dhruv said.

I nodded and had the food. I slept for an hour as Dhruv left me alone in the room asking me to sleep. I woke and got fresh up. As I felt comfortable and better, aunty started few rituals. They were completed. They got me ready for the first night. I calmed myself down and went to the room. Dhruv closed the bolt of the door and my hand started shivering with fear. What if he denies my no?

Dhruv took the milk glass from my hand and held my hand. I took back my hand. Asusual he smiled.

"I....I....." I stammered but didn't say anything.