Vedanth

Anvita:

I called Vedanth the next day to tell him about this alliance.

"Hello Vedanth, that idiot agreed for the marriage. I don't understand what to do," I said.

"Who is the bridegroom? I will try to convince him," Vedanth said.

"He is Mr Dhruv, the CEO of Dhruv Group of Companies," I said and Vedanth became quite for a while.

"What happened to you? Please do something and cancel this wedding."

"Anvita, try to understand. He is rich and influential. I don't think he will understand us. He can do anything to marry you. I can't risk my family. I am sorry," Vedanth said and tears formed in my eyes but I controlled myself as I hate tears.

"Vedanth, I love you and you are not ready to take the risk for me?" How could you say this?" I said helplessly.

"Ok, do one thing. You come out leaving your family and we will get married or tell about our love to your parents," Vedanth said.

"My parents will not accept our love unless you get a job. And I can't elope with you because I respect and love my parents," I said.

"Anvita, you are not ready to hurt your parents. Then how could I keep my family in trouble by contacting Dhruv? He's a dangerous man. Anvita, if you want to marry me, either leave your family and come with me or reveal about our love to them. There's no other way. I am sure Dhruv would never help us. You don't know about him but he's such a jerk who goes to any extent to make his wish fulfilled."

"Anvitha, your dad is calling. Open the door," mom said, knocking on the door. I disconnected the call and opened the door. I went to the living room and I saw Dhruv there again. Why did he come again.

"Anvita, Dhruv is here with his parents. Take their blessings," dad said and I did as he said.

"As you all liked our daughter, so let's talk about further things," dad said. Mom signaled me to go into the room and I understood that they are going to talk about dowry. He's already rich and why does he need my parent's money? I am sure that now they will open a big list of wishes.

"Sure, the priest is here. So let's fix the date for Engagement and Marriage," Dhruv's mom said.

Dad looked at mom and the priest.

"Before fixing the date, if we talk about other important things, it would be good," the priest said.

"What are those other important things?" Dhruv said this time.

"Dowry," I said openly and dad glared at me. Mom tried to take me away from the room.

"One minute, aunty. Let Anvita stay here," Dhruv said. I stood there and Dhruv came near to me making me nervous.

"You are more important to me than those other important things," Dhruv said.

"Uncle, I am not interested in dowry. I would also like to say that marriage expenses also will be borne by me. Just send your daughter to our home with your blessings and values you taught her," Dhruv said and his parents smiled.

"We didn't give any dowry to my daughter too. So, I don't take dowry from my daughter-in-law," Dhruv's dad said.

I didn't understand how to react now. Vedanth told that Dhruv is too dangerous but he looks so calm here. Maybe he's pretending. But why? Is it because that he can't take a No and I said no to him as I love Vedanth?

Dhruv and his parents left fixing the engagement within a week and marriage within fifteen days. I went into my room as I couldn't hold on to my tears anymore. I cried in my room remembering my talks with Vedanth. I never thought that I would love a person that deeply. But I loved Vedanth's nature and character. I can't imagine Dhruv as my husband who doesn't care for a girl's feelings. If he has no value for my feelings now, how could I expect respect and value from him after the marriage?

In the night, I was on terrace thinking all those things and my dad came to me.

"Anvita," dad said.

I looked at him.

"You are so lucky to get Dhruv as your husband. He's rich and educated. And he and his family are against dowry. That itself says what kind of family it is!"

I didn't speak anything.

"Anvita, sometimes we make wrong choices but the God helps us to walk on the right path. Though you want something desperately, God knows what you truly need. I hope you understood what I meant to say," dad said, shocking me.

"Dad," I said.

"Anvi, I don't think Vedanth is right for you. If his love is true, he should have atleast made an attempt to convince me. Think again. If you leave the house now, you are not just ruining our reputation but also of Dhruv's family reputation."

"Dad, Vedanth is really a good person but he doesn't have a job at present. That's why he is not ready to meet you," I said.

"Anvita, if you trust him this much, do one thing. Call Vedanth to our house to meet me tomorrow. If I feel he's the right person, I will request Dhruv to cancel this alliance," dad said.

"Thank you, dad. Thank you so much," I said happily. I dialed Vedanth's number but it's switched off. Why did he switch off his mobile all of a sudden? I didn't sleep the whole night and tried calling Vedanth in the morning again. Still it's switched off. I called his friends and they told they have no information about Vedanth.

My dad came to my room in the evening. I told him the same.

"Anvitha, you are intelligent and brave. Though you kept a lot of secrets from us, still I know what my daughter is. Vedanth is not ready to take the risk or solve the issue. If he left you in this situation, how could you expect him to hold your hand throughout your life? Dhruv is perfect as your husband. If you still want Vedanth, you can leave the house by the morning. I don't know whether you have money or not. Keep this money with you," dad said handingover the money to me.

"It has fifty thousand. You can leave with that money. But once if you leave, don't come back ever to us. Don't worry. We will not die but our relationship will be dead forever," dad said and left the room. I sat on the bed with tears in my eyes and money in hands trying to take a major decision of my life.

Hi friends, here is the next update. Let me know how is the story. When readers interact through comments, authors are motivated to update faster. How are the characters Dhruv, Anvitha, Vedanth and Anvita's dad? Why is Vedanth's mobile switched off?