Leave me

Anvita:

I was in my room and Dhruv came to me. He didn't say even a word to me. His parents left to Delhi after two days as his dad heads their branch in Delhi.

Dhruv leaves in the morning to the office and returns at night. I felt so bore but didn't understand what to do. I couldn't say that to him. I thought of joining any music class or learn a new language. But didn't dare to say to Dhruv as I assumed that he would refuse to send me out. Dhurv never showed his wrath at me but still his calmness frightens me. A month passed by very hardly. Dhruv returned home one day and gave an application form to me that surprised me. I have no words to explain my happiness.

"Anvita, fill it up and if you need any help, ask me. Your dad told me that you want to become a lawyer. I won't be much at home and I know you would feel bore alone. So restart your study. Marrying me shouldn't stop your goals and dreams. You should have a career and financial freedom. I don't want you to stay at home wasting your talent and skills," Dhruv said. Can a husband be this understanding and supportive though all he gets is only pain in return for the love he showers?

I filled up the form and asusual he asked me about my dinner and my day. I never ask him about his food or work. But Dhruv cares for me and he shows his love and care in everything he does. Dhruv took me to the college and joined me in the course.

"Take care, Anvi. I will send the driver to pick you in the evening," Dhruv said.

I nodded. It's my first day and I don't know anything. It would be better if he comes to pick me but what would he think if I ask him or maybe he has meetings.

"Or do you want me to come to pick you?" Dhruv said again. I wondered how did he understand what's on my mind.

"Don't worry. I will pick you. We can go for a shopping too," Dhruv said.

"Shopping for what?"

"You need to buy the books and also new dresses as you joined in the college."

"Books are enough. I already have many dresses bought by my dad."

Dhruv smiled again. Why does he smile everytime whatever I say? Am I that funny?

"We will discuss about it in the evening. Now you go to your class. Call me if there's any problem," Dhruv said.

I went to my class and I felt so fresh. Finally I came out of that mansion. As it's my first class, I didn't talk to anyone much except knowing their names. Soon the morning session finished, and they gave a lunch break. I went to the canteen but it's closed. They said that it will open after a month as some repairing works are going on. I couldn't find any hotels nearby and I observed other students opening their lunch boxes or their parents bringing lunch for them. I drank some water and sat on a bench under a tree as I couldn't order food online too as it takes nearly an hour to reach here and by that time the lunch hour would finish.

"Excuse me, madam. Are you Anvita?" Someone asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Are you Dhruv sir's wife?" He asked again and I nodded.

"Madam, this is for you. I am searching for you from last thirty minutes. Finally I found you. Sorry for the late, madam. Please talk to Dhruv sir once," he said and gave mobile to me.

"Hello," I said.

"Hi Anvi, I am so sorry that I forgot to tell you to pack your lunch. I thought the canteen will be open but only in the morning when I dropped you, I noticed that it's closed. I called you many times to ask what you want to eat but you blocked my calls. So I sent the food to you without knowing your choice. I know you don't like me but please have the food. I hope you will like it. Bye, take care," Dhruv said and disconnected the call. I gave the mobile back to that person and he went off. I don't know why but a few water drops came from my eyes. Does Dhruv care for me this much? But why? He knows well how much I hate him and that he's just nothing in my opinion.