Marriage

Anvita:

I called Vedanth several times but there's no response from his side. I can't leave the house ruining my dad's reputation for my love. My dad gave value for my choice and asked Vedanth to meet him. However, it didn't happen. Though he doesn't trust Vedanth, still he gave money to me saying I can leave the house. I know my dad is not angry with me but worried for me. If Vedanth proves himself as a good guy, dad would definitely agree for my marriage with Vedanth. But, Vedanth is not ready to make an effort to prove our love.

Even if I leave the house, there's no guarantee that I could find Vedanth as his friends said that he left his room. I sighed and decided to give in to my dad's decision. In the morning, I returned money to dad. They started arrangements for the engagement.

After two days, Dhruv came to my house with his parents to take me for the wedding shopping as they want to gift me the engagement and wedding sarees and jewelry. We went with them.

"Anvita, do you like this saree? Dhruv, what do you think?" His mom asked both of us.

"She's beautiful in every saree. Let her select what she loves to wear," Dhruv said.

I clenched seeing his unbearable action. My opinion and feelings matter the least to him in the matter of marriage but he pretends to value my selection in saree and jewelry. I stood there silently nodding to whatever his parents and my parents selected. We reached our house. I saw dad talking to Dhruv personally and tried listening to their conversation. Is it Dhruv who told my dad about Vedanth?

"Dhruv, I want to tell you one important thing. This is my daughter's life and I can't risk it," dad said.

"Please tell me, uncle. What happened to Anvita?" Dhruv said in a worried tone.

"Dhruv, my daughter Anvita loved someone else. His name is Vedanth. But I don't trust in that person and fixed this marriage against her wish. Anvita gave in for us. I don't want to get my daughter married to you hiding this. Because in the future if you come to know about Vedanth and Anvita's love, and if you lose trust in Anvita, my daughter can't be happy with you. Now it's your decision to marry Anvita or cancel this wedding. I am sure my daughter will be a good wife to you after the marriage. If you trust her, only then marry her," my dad said.

Dhruv smiled and raised his head. He noticed me as I stood near the window and he's facing me.

"Anvita, you can directly hear the conversation," Dhruv said, making me feel embarrassed before my dad.

"No, I will leave," I said.

"I said you can listen to our conversation," Dhruv said. Though he's smiling and his tone is so soft, still I felt a kind of assertiveness in his voice that made me stand there without leaving.

"Uncle, Anvita told about her love to me on the day I came here to see her. I am not bothered about her past. I trust Anvita and I am sure she would never betray me after the wedding. I love her character and straightforwardness. I am ready for this marriage. I already told all this to my parents too and they also took it lightly. Don't worry. She will be happy after marriage," Dhruv said.

"My daughter is really lucky to marry you," dad said, keeping his hand on Dhruv's head blessing him.

But for me, this Dhruv is so irritating. I just don't know how would my life turn after marrying him. I feel he's so manipulative.

Soon, the engagement day arrived and the function started. Dhruv slid the ring to my finger and I too kept the ring to his finger having no option. The marriage rituals started and I tried to contact Vedanth several times but of no use. There's just one day for the marriage.

"Anvita," dad said, caressing my hairs affectionately.

I smiled as I don't want to shed tears making dad sad. Dad sat near me on the bed.

"Anvita, tomorrow is your marriage. You will be Dhruv's wife after that. It's not correct to contact Vedanth anymore. Stop calling him. If Dhruv notices this after your marriage, he will get hurt. And he may also lose trust in you.

On that day, when I was talking to Dhruv, you tried to eavesdropping our conversation and Dhruv observed it. What would he think about you? After this marriage, you will go to his house. What if he feels that you are eavesdropping their conversation? Don't do such things, Anvita. These things look smaller but in the long run, this type of behavior creates mistrust and frustration in other person. In a relationship, trust, honesty and respect are very essential. If Dhruv loses trust, you will lose respect in his eyes and that's not good for your marital life. Don't create unnecessary havoc in your married life with your behavior," dad said to me while I slept on his lap. Dad caressed my hairs and kissed on the forehead.

"Anvi, I am not forcing you for this marriage but at the same time I am worried for you. Because if you refuse to get married to Dhruv, I don't think I can find a better person or family for you again. I really trust Dhruv and his family. These days, we find many husbands and in-laws who doubt the character of wife or daughter-in-law but Dhruv and his family are different. They know about Vedanth but still they trust you. If you cancel this marriage, what if you can't find Vedanth ever and I can't find such a family for you again? Think well and take a decision," dad said.

"I trust your decision, dad," I said, holding on to my tears. Dad is not forcing me but if I cancel this marriage now, everyone will blame dad and mom finding fault with their brought up. Their reputation will be ruined forever. I can't do that just for my happiness. I completely agreed for the marriage.

The next day, the marriage rituals began and soon, it's the time for tying the knot by Dhruv to me. I realised that I am shedding tears but there's no way to escape and I am sure Dhruv understood that I am crying but he didn't stop the wedding. He tied the knot to me. Finally, the wedding completed making me Mrs Anvita Dhruv.

All the fears and doubts occupied my mind leaving me perplexed. What if Dhruv forces me on the first night? What if he gets angry if I ask time for love making? Will he agree or makes it a big issue by informing to my parents and questioning my behavior? Should I leave my autonomy over my body just because he tied a knot to me? Should I allow him to touch me and do whatever he wants to do because he's my husband, though I feel uncomfortable? I felt dizzy and nauseous with tension. What if they misunderstand me if I vomit during this marriage ceremony as they already know about my past love? Everything made me more upset and I felt a hold on my wrist. I looked at my wrist and Dhruv held me.

"Are you fine, Anvita?" Dhruv said.

Dhruv called the workers and asked them to bring chairs for us. He made me sit on the chair and he sat beside me. Some one gave juice to me ordered by Dhruv. I took the juice and felt a bit better.

"Leave all your worries aside and just trust me, Anvita," Dhruv said.

Dhruv cancelled the further photo session and gift receiving session realising that I am unwell. We started in the car to his house and unknowingly I slept on his shoulder. Dhruv smiled at me and asked me to rest. I don't know what would his parents think seeing me weak during the wedding.

Hi friends, how is this episode? What do you think about Dhruv? Why did he marry Anvita against her wish? Is he a good person or acting to be nice with some hidden purpose?