𝗖𝗵. 8: 𝗔𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘇𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗮

𝗔𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘇𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵𝗼𝗯𝗶𝗮
𝗙𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗢𝗳 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲/𝗕𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻
______________________________________

𝗠𝗼𝗻𝗼 𝗣𝗢𝗩

What am I going to do with this child?

I am conflicted... She is attached to me... but, I know I cannot keep her with me... I am poor... I have no proper home... No food...

I knew I had to let her go somehow... Will she be mad at me? Will she feel betrayed? If I let go of her... I am no better than the yellow raincoat girl...

I am currently in my 'home' if you could call it a home... It is a run down hospital and all that is in it, are televisions.

I look down on the girl that is clutching onto my body like a pillow.

No... If I let her go now... She will live a better life... She cannot fully live if she stays with me...

"Mister..."
I hear the girl say.

I look down at her and tilt my head.

"What's your name?"
She asks...

Do not tell her... If I tell her, she will get even more attached...

"ᵖᵃᵖᵉʳ ᵇᵃᵍ"
I whispered

"T-thank you... Mister Paper Bag..."
She muttered while clinging onto me.

The guilt is eating me up... I am going to have to give her away... I know I have to... It is what must be done for her to live a better life...

But to who... I think back on all the encounters I have had with people and heroes... Most heroes just chase me... I do not like them much...

One hero in particular pops into my mind... Scarfed man... He is the only one that shows me sympathy... He is the only one that does not chase me the moment he spots me... He is the only one that is concerned enough to ask if I was okay...

He has to be it... Even though he may be blunt, I can tell he is a really good person...

I let out a shaky sigh... It seemed that the girl heard me. She asked me a question.

"A-Are you okay, mister?"
She asks

I nod my head...

I am not okay... I am no where near okay... I am not stable... Physically, mentally, and financially... I am a mess... But that is okay as long as other people are okay...

"ᶠᵒʳᵍⁱᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ..."
I mutter out to her.

She gives me a questioning look.

Do not give me that look... It will only make letting go harder...

"Mister Paper Bag?"
She questions with concern.

"ⁱ... ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿᵗ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᶜᵃʳᵉ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ"
I say, slightly tearing up

Her eyes widened.