Chapter 01.

-

Kai's Pov.

Myself , Mama and Steve sat ourselves at the table for dinner.

Steve is my older brother. Mama is Japanese while our so called father is American. We have no father in this family since the day he left us for another woman. I'm not complaining, none of us are. we like it better that he's not here. Time's are hard and all three of us do jobs and try to earn even a small amount of money for us. Mama works at a restaurant. Steve works in a shipping company while I work part-time at a cafe. I'm stil in high school and it's my last year then I'll be out for good.
The three of us are close as friends, we share anything with each other and there's no language rules either we can speak how ever we want yet Steve and I never talk to Mama disrespectfully. We don't get into each other's life's much not even mama. She's cool as long as we're safe.

Today's dinner is pretty decent if you ask me. We got some cheesy chicken, rice and beans. Steve and Mama was talking about work while I on the other hand took a bite of the last piece of chicken on my plate.

*Chomp~*

I chewed on something rock hard. I stopped chewing anymore. There's a stone in my chicken?

" Mama! What did you put in the chicken? " I asked with a mouth full of food.

" What's wrong? " She asked calmly taking a bite of her own.

" There's something like a stone in my chicken! " I said.

" Must be a piece of chicken bone. " She said looking up to me.

" Or- maybe you broke a tooth. " Steve said while placing his fork down.

" What?!- " I looked to Steve who had a smirk plastered on his face.

" Granny! " He said leaning back on the chair.

" Ste- " I frowned at him and spoke but was immediately cut off by mama.

" Kai! Eat your damn food without talking. " She said then took a sip of her wine.

I returned my gaze back to Mama then slightly nodded and ignored the stone like God knows what and ate on.

After dinner the three of us went to our rooms. My mouth was slightly hurting from that Stone from earlier. I head to the bathroom and decided to rinse my mouth off to have a look. As the water touched the tooth in the bottom corner of my mouth, I felt a sting of pain go through my nerves system giving me a instant headache. What the fuck! I broke my fucking tooth!

Halt of the tooth is missing and I suspect it's in my stomach at the moment. No no no- the pain was unbearable making me want to bang my head against the wall. I clenched my teeth trying to make the pain go away.

I have school tomorrow. I Have to do something to make this pain go away before that. Painkillers! Yes that might work. I stormed out the bathroom into the kitchen and went through the drawer that had medicine hoping to find a painkiller. After a second of scrambling around the drawer I found a painkiller tablet card with only one tablet left. Only one! Damn it. I guess I'll just have to survive with this now and get more tomorrow.

I swallowed down the tablet with some water and went to bed.

Next morning~

I woke up to the sound of Mama yelling me to get up, from downstairs as usual. Oh~ I love her. I sat up and yelled back.