Chapter 17.

Evelyn's POV.

  It's been a while since I last came out with people other than Kai. Myself, Nicole and Jacky a friend of ours sat ourselves at the bar.
" How's your reletionship going? Is she good? " Jacky asked me as we placed our orders.
" Kai, she's alright." I said not wanting to look like a simp in front of them.
" alright huh~" Nicole said mockingly.
" what, I didn't say anything wrong." I snapped back at Nicole.
" you've fallen over heels for her, eve!" Nicole said making Jacky laugh.
" I knew it! " Jacky said.
" this is exactly why I don't come out with you too. " I said taking a sip from my drink.

Time flew by with the three of us catching up with each others lifes. The last time we met I was after a terrible breakup with a guy and Jacky and Nicole were just friends. Now I'm dating a girl and Nicole and Jacky are engaged.

" I'm hoping to meet this girl who made our straight eve finally realize she's not. " Jacky said laughing with Nicole.
" she'll be here to pick me up you can meet her then." I said excitedly.
I've been checking my phone to hear from Kai time to time but there was no sign of her. Something wasn't right. Making my way to the washroom away from others I called her. No answer. She's making me worried now. Did I do something wrong. I tried again to my relief she picked up. The line was silent.

" Hey, is everything alright ? Where are you?" I asked not sure whether she's listening or not.

" sorry, I won't be able to come." she spoke sounding as if she's just woken up. Her voice deep and cracky.

" anything wrong?" I asked.
" No, nothing. Just won't be coming. " she said.

" uh, alright. I was quite excited to introduce you to my friends but never mind now. " I said.
" Sorry, we'll meet them another day."  she spoke her breath hitched at the end of the sentence.

"okay then, see you later. Love you" I said softly.
" I love you too." she said lastly before hanging up.

...

Kai's POV.

" Does Evelyn know?" James asked as we walked to the parking.
" haven't told her." I said.
" Kai, I'm sorry but you must tell her soon and try to spend much time with her." he said stopping in front of my bike.
" you're right. I'm gonna tell her tomorrow. I treated Evelyn bad yesterday. Then later tomorrow after telling her I'll take her on a.. one last date. " my throat tightened as I said the last words.
" that's the best thing to do. See you dude. All the best! " he said pulling me into a hug.
" Thank you for everything James. " I said holding in tears.

I haven't talked to eve after receiving the letter yesterday. I can't talk to her. It'll break me and her. I'd hate to see her cry.
Mom seems to be taking it in fine. Although Steve cried when I told him. They'll be fine. I slowly started to pack my stuff and clear up the room.

Finishing half the work I stretched out in the bed. I took my phone to let eve know about the outing.
" hey, would you be free to go out tomorrow?" I sent to which she immediately replied.

" yep, afternoon?"
"cool, I'll be at the coffee shop." I sent.

" okay, I'll be there." she texted back.

How may this might hurt. I must tell her tomorrow.

...

Kai's POV.

I haven't slept last night. My mind has been playing all possible scenerios that might take place today.
I got ready putting on a pair of boyfriend jeans with a white shirt and layering it with a black leather jacket.

Once I head down mom and Steve were at the table.
"  Drive safe." mom said.
" I will." I said as I left.

On my way I got her a bouquet of orange tulips as I always do. I'm planning to go the movies later then go to the lake or spend the night at Evelyn's.

I stopped at the Cafe. Which I used to work. Where I first met eve, where it all started. The smell of fresh grounded coffee beans filled the air as I entered. I stood at the door. Eve was already there. But she wasn't alone.

...