Chapter 09.

Kai's POV.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm which is being snoozed for god knows how many times . I grabbed it from the nightstand checking the time. It's 12 noon. Of course mama let me sleep extra it's Sunday.  It's Sunday... 2.00 pm! I must get ready.
I got up and took a good shower, then put on a pair of beige cargo pants with a sage short sleeved shirt and tucked it in. Still keeping it a little baggy.
I was met with mama watching TV once I got downstairs.

" You're going out? " She asked still having her focus on the TV.

" Yeah, with James and Anna. " I said pouring myself some juice.

" You're well dressed tho " she asked now looking at me.

" Mama! I'm going to the park as far as I know " I said the last part in a low voice.

" It's alright! Go have fun! " She chuckled and gave me a smile.

Finishing my drink I was ready to leave.

" Okasan, I'll be back soon! " I went to my mother and gave her a quick hug.

" Drive safe now! Steve told me that the other day you drove like a maniac. I don't want to spend a night at the hospital. " She said letting me go.

" Fine!! " I said as I got out. I put on my helmet and drove off to the location Evelyn sent me.

The houses in this neighborhood looked decent and a little bigger than ours. I parked in front of the house painted in White. I got off and walked up to the door and rang the bell. My blood rushing through my veins, I can probably hear my own heartbeat. Suddenly the door opened slightly and Evelyn peeked out.

" H-hey! You're here, come on in! " She said cheerfully and opened the door enough for me to get in.
" Hey, - " before I could speak she cut me off. " As you can see I'm not ready yet, I'm sorry.. I overslept. " She said with a worried look.

" It's alright! You take your time. " I said with a reassuring smile.

" Thank you! There's snacks on the counter, drinks in the fridge make yourself at home! I'll be back in a minute. " She said walking me towards the couch.

I nodded and she ran upstairs, now that I can see she's wearing a white bathrobe with bunny slippers. She's adorable. I made myself comfortable in the couch and scrolled through my phone till she comes. After awhile I heard footsteps on the stairs. When she stood in front of me I was in loss of words. She was wearing a pair of beige pants with a white shirt half tucked in. Her golden locks tied back in a pony tail. She looked gorgeous.

" How do I look? " She asked.

" U-uh you look amazing actually " I said earning a wide grin from her.

" Okay then, shall we leave now. " I asked getting up from the couch.

She nodded and we both walked out. I got on the bike and gave her the extra helmet and put on mine.
" Alright, get on! Hold tight. " I said and motioned her to get on.

Placing her hands on my shoulders she got on. I started the engine and could see her from the side mirror fighting herself on were to hold on to me. I gently held her hand and wrapped it around my waist. A shade of pink sinking in her cheeks.

With that I drove. Time to time I would glance at her just to see her looking around as the wind danced with her hair. I've never felt this alive, her sitting close behind me with her hands around me, it's like we've known each other for the longest time.

Evelyn's POV.

The cold breeze brushing my body, yet I'm warm. I've never felt this comfortable around someone as if they know me for along time. I often look at them through the side mirror to see them with a sweet smile but at the same time focusing on the road.
I've heard people say that ' time flies faster when you're with your loved ones' but never experienced it till today as we're already at the park. I got off followed by them.

We walked to the entrance when suddenly a boy jumped on their (Kai's) back.

" Hey man! " He exclaimed.  Another girl stood beside him patting Kai's shoulder. I guess these are the friends.

" Hey you two! " Kai said as both the kids walked in front of us.

They looked at Kai then at me then again at Kai and smiled.

" Ah- guys, this is Evelyn, Evelyn brown. " Kai said, they remembered my last name too. That's so sweet.
" You can call me Evelyn! " I told the kids with a smile.

" Evelyn this is James and Anna, " they said.

...

James and Anna is really cool to hangout with, no wonder that Kai is friends with them and I just realized that they're a couple. Both James and Anna was walking before us while I walked next to Kai behind them.

The park is not that crowded and the weather was pleasant with a little sunshine. The air was mixed with the smell of dry leaves.

" Kai, wanna go get some snacks? " James asked turning around making us stop in our tracks.

" Yeah, let's go! You both take a seat over there. " Kai said pointing at a bench to me and Anna.

We both nodded and went ahead. Once myself and Anna was alone, She spoke.

" Soo... How do you know Kai, " she asked turning to face me.

I hesitated for a moment. What am I going to tell I'm a thirty one year old dentist joining a group of eighteen year olds.
I shouldn't have come.

" Hey! I'm sorry if I made you upset. I wasn't being rude, it's just that Kai has never told us about you and she only has a handful of friends. " She said with a sad look on her face.

" Oh- no it's alright! You didn't make me upset. I'm actually Kai's dentist. " I said with the best smile that I could mutter.

" Woah! That's so cool,- I mean being dentist. " She said making me chuckle.

Kai's POV.

I can see Anna and Evelyn talking to each other at the bench. I wonder what they're talking about.

" Dude, who is that? " James spoke turning to me.

" Her, that's Evelyn. " I said looking at Evelyn.
" Really? You know what I meant! " He said making me shrug.

" Okay okay! She's my dentist. " I said to which his eyes widened.

" Why'd you bring your dentist?!" He whispered yelled at me, I just took a glance at Evelyn. She was laughing and talking with Anna. She looks gorgeous when she laughs like that.

" Oh~ you like her! " He said covering his mouth with one hand.

" Took you long enough. " I said taking the snacks in my hands.

" Wait, how old is she? " He asked with an raised eyebrow. I mean is that necessary to ask.
" Thirty one. " I said making him smirk.

" Does she like you back? " He asked. Now that I think of it does she even really like me?.

" I don't know.... Yet " I said walking back to where the girls are.
" Oh- my, dude I'll make her fall in love with you tonight. " I couldn't help but laugh at him.

...

The four of us had a great time hanging out and Evelyn seems to like it too. Although I have no clue if she likes me or not but I love every moment I spend next to her. Once it's become getting darker the park area was almost empty and we decided to leave.