The Alpha's Mate

A.N/ Hi! First story! Let me know what you think! Sorry for spell mistakes and stuff.

Chapter 1

"Hurry up! We're gonna be late!" I shouted.

I'm April. My family and I just moved into a new town. I'm a 5'6, blonde haired, blue eyed girl who can never seem to do anything right. My dad died when I was 7. Ever since then I can't seem to do anything right. I bet you're wondering how my dad died. Honestly, I don't know. Nobody will tell me! "Its best you didn't know." Rachel, my mom says. My brother Mathew is 20. He's what'd you'd call a "Jock" as they like to be called. He's 6'2 with brown hair and brown eyes. We're completely opposite. Not just looks. He says "apple" I say "cake". Okay maybe that's not the best way to put it.

"Matt! It's my senior year! I do not want to be late on my first day!" I shout from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming! Meet you in the car!" His voice comes from upstairs.

I grabbed my iPod and head out to his black Ford F-350 truck. I swear, if I'm late on my first day, I will murder him. I put in my earbuds and listen to "She Will Be Loved" by Maroon 5.

Minutes later, Mathew gets in the truck.

10 minutes later we pull into the school parkinglot. The first thing I see is a mob of girls. They were surrounding a guy. He was tall, short blonde hair, bright blue eyes. Let's just say, he was gorgeous!

One of the girls made him laugh and I felt jealous. Wait! Jealous? I don't even know this

guy! "Earth to April!" Mathew said, waving his hand in front of my face. I snap out of it. "Huh?" I ask.

"You going to get out?" Mathew said, pointing to the door.

I stare at him for a second. "Oh! Yeah! Sorry. Thanks for the ride. I can walk home." I said then hopped down from the truck.

I slung my zebra print bag over my shoulder and walked towards the front doors. I glanced over at the guy and his gaze was directed right at me! I quickly look away. He's mobbed by pretty girls. Why would he look at me? I walked into the office to get my class schedule. I looked it over.

"What the h-"

"Hi! You must be new!" A girl randomly popped out of no where.

"Uhhhh.. Am I that obvious?" I asked.

"No, not really. You're April, right? Moved into that house by the woods?" She asked.

"Umm, how did you know that?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Words around. I'm May, by the way!" She said smiling.

"I'm April, but you already know that." I said with a nervous laugh.

She smiled. "What's your first class?"

"History."

"Cool, me too!! Let me see your schedule so I can know what classes we have!" May said. I handed her the paper.

"All but two classes. Neat! Come on lets go!"

--------------

"Miss Nelson, I presume?" The teacher asked once we got to class.

"Yes, ma'me." I answered politely.

"Find an empty seat." She replied walking away to her desk. Gee, she's friendly..

I scanned the room and saw an empty seat. Once I sat down I pulled out my zebra notebook and pencil.

"Hey, I'm Luke." The guy next to me said. I turned to look at him. It was the guy from the parkinglot! And damn, he looked hotter up close. 'Snap out of it, April!'