Shopping

A/N: hi! thanks for reading and i hope you enjoy! y/f/s means 'your fave store.' if it doesn't sell both men and women's clothes, well, pretend it does lol

I glance at my phone, desperately waiting for him to text me back. Come on, Y/N, stop being so stupid. He doesn't like you back. Just let it go.

My phone pings:
"Hey, Y/N! Wanna meet up @ the mall at 3?"

I instantly reply with a "yes."
Why am I like this?

I sort through my closet, desperately trying to find something to impress him. A part of me wants to look amazing, but another part of me doesn't want him to think I'm trying too hard. I finally decide to put on jeans and a crop top--cute, but not too obvious. I spray on my favorite perfume and head out the door.

-----------

"Hey, Josh!" I call, a bit too excitedly. He smiles back at me. God, his smile. He's so pretty.

"Hey, Y/N! Thanks for coming on such short notice. I'm going to a party tomorrow night and I need something to wear. Can you help me?"

He called me here so that I could help him. Not because he wanted to spend time with me. Interesting.

"Uhh..." I hesitate, "sure!" I try my best to fake a smile. "Let's go to Hollister first!"

Joshua holds out his hand for me to take. My stomach flips and flutters. I know he doesn't mean it that way, but I can't help but hold onto those simple what-ifs. I entangle my hand in his and we start on our journey through the mall.

*Cue shopping montage*

I sit on a chair outside of the dressing room of y/f/s, waiting for him to reveal the clothes that I picked out for him. My mind wanders off as it displays the possible outcomes of this situation. I imagine him thanking me for helping him and kissing me in appreciation. It sounds so stupid, but I'm bored, and Joshua is less than 15 feet away from me.

My fantasies pause as Joshua steps through the wooden doors.

"What do you think?" He strikes a pose as he laughs. He has on an open Hawaiian shirt over a white shirt and jeans. It looks so good on him.

"I like it!" I say, trying to hide the fact that my mind is racing. He smiles at me and looks knowingly at me. I guess I'm not that very good at hiding it.

We stand in line as Joshua sifts through the gift cards at the table in the center of the checkout line. When it is our turn, he tells me that he wants to get food and asks me to go and check out the food court. Of course, I go.

When I get back, he has already payed and has his new clothes packed in a black bag.

"Anything good?" He asks in reference to the restaurants in the food court.

"Well there is KFC, McDonald's and Sbarro's Pizza. Do any of those sound good?"

Joshua nods, "Let's get pizza."

We walk down to the food court and find a two-person table. I give Joshua money as he goes to buy our pizza.

He walks back with two plates in his hand. He places one in front of me and sits down opposite of me.

We enjoy our food and chat about little things. Joshua and I both finish and I go to throw out our plates. When I get back to the table, it is complete silence.

"So, Y/N, how long have you liked me for?"

I almost choke on my own saliva

"I-I don't know what you're talking about?" I say, faking confusion.

"Are you aware of how easy you are to read?" Joshua says, amused.

I burn crimson. I try to hide my face in my hands but he pulls them away.

"It's okay y'know. We all have feelings for people," he says nonchalantly.

"I'm sorry. I don't want things to be weird between us. I-"

Joshua holds his finger to my lips, shushing me.

"I like you too, Y/N."

I stop mid sentence, my mouth frozen in an oval shape. He pulls out something from his pocket and hands it to me.

He got me a gift card from y/f/s! Is that why he wanted me to check out the food court?

"Thank you!" I hug him. He wraps his arms around me.

"What do you say? Can I take you on a shopping spree?"