New Year's Eve

A/N sorry if this is a bit short, I've been having a bit of a writers block recently! Please leave votes and comments <3

I can't believe that I let my friend, f/n, convince me to go to this New Years Eve party. I don't know anyone there except for f/n.

As I walk in, loud music blasts and neon lights flash.
A boy with curly brown hair walks up to me.

"Hi," he says.
I notice how pretty his eyes are, and I have to admit, his messy hair is adorable.

"Hi," I say back. "Why aren't you dancing and partying?" I ask.

He hesitates for a moment. "Honestly, I don't know anyone here."

"Oh, same!" I say back a bit too enthusiastically.

He chuckles a bit and says, "do you wanna go get a drink?"

I look up at him and notice there's a small shimmer in his eyes. "Sure!" I say with a smile.

We walk off to a corner of the room. He hands me a drink and exclaims, "oh, sorry, how rude of me, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Joshua."

"Oh, don't worry about it! I'm y/n." I reply.

"What a beautiful name!" He says with a smile.

I try to hide a blush. I've only known Joshua for five minutes and I think I'm already falling for him. What am I gonna do? What if he has a girlfriend?

After a few seconds, Joshua breaks the silence and says, "so what are your plans for New Years Day?"

I hesitate for a moment, "nothing. why?"

"Well, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to," he takes a deep breath which makes me panic. What's he about to say?!

"t-to go out with me?"

My stomach fills with butterflies and I start to blush. I start to say "y-"

TEN, NINE, EIGHT...

The room becomes quiet.

SEVEN, SIX, FIVE, FOUR...

I look up into Joshua's big glimmering eyes.

THREE...

It starts to feel as though him and I are the only ones in the room.

TWO...

Joshua begins to lean down.

ONE!

He kisses me and I kiss back. Fireworks go off, both literally and figuratively.

We break apart and he smiles.

"Happy New Year, y/n." Joshua whispers.

"Happy New Year," I reply.