Nightmare

A/N: I'm writing on my laptop instead of my phone for the first time so I'm sorry if the writing isn't good! I might start writing on my laptop as it is a bigger screen so I might not be able to update as often as I would on my phone because I'm on my phone for longer time periods than I'm on my laptop. Ahhhh this note is so long, so I'm gonna stop talking here, but enjoy the story and please leave comments and votes!

I wake up in the middle of the night sweating and my eyes are tearing. Dark images flash in my mind that I swear I've seen before.

My boyfriend realizes I'm awake, "y/n, what's wrong, why are you awake?"

I stutter for a moment, "I-I'm fine, Josh, I just had a nightmare that's all." I sigh.

He looks at me with his big chocolate brown eyes and messy curls. "You wanna talk about it? What was is it about? You don't need to tell me if you don't want to, of course."

I think for a moment about whether I should tell him or not. "well..." god, I feel so stupid. I'm a grown adult, I shouldn't be crying over a nightmare I had. "y-you got into a car accident, and y-you left me." I say as tears start streaming down my face. "I'm being silly, I know I'm overreacting, I know it's silly, I'm sorry."

Joshua looks up at me with his sweet smile.  "Nothing that scares you is silly, kitten.  I don't want you to be scared. I'm fine, I'm right here, don't worry, I'm not leaving you. Here, put your head in my lap. Do you want me to rub your neck?"

I shift and he starts rubbing my head and neck. It just feels so comfortable. I'm so glad I have someone like Joshua. I just love him so much.

"Shhhhh, I'm right here y/n." He whispers which cause a small smile to creep up onto my face.

"What can I do to cheer you up, baby? Oh, I know!" I'm not sure what he's about to do, but he has a mischievous look on his face.

"Oh, don't you dare!" I laugh. He smirks and begins to tickle me. *

"Ha-stopppp! I'm being serious." I yell as I try to hold back giggles.

"Not until I see a smile on your face!"

He continues until I start giggling uncontrollably. "Have I ever told you that your laugh is adorable?"

That makes me smile. "No, and for the record, I sound like a tea kettle!"**

"Don't say that y/n! You're giggle is the cutest thing ever! Besides you of course!"

I blush. How can someone be so perfect?

"y/n/n, are you ok now?" he whispers.

"Um, for the most part, but can we cuddle?"

He smiles and lays back down on his pillow.

The rest of the night, I had sweet dreams.

* this part is probably really cringey writing sorry!
** my laugh sounds like a tea kettle XD
This is probably the cringiest thing ever aha