𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

omnscient pov:

"i'll race you there!" kali exclaimed to azi.

kali was five years old, and azi was six at the time. they had met on the first day of kindergarten, and despite it being only a few weeks since they started school, they were already best friends.

"you cheated!" azi accused kali, pouting.

"no, i didn't. i just run faster than you." kali replied with a smile.

"well, i don't want to be your friend anymore," azi declared, folding his arms and pouting even harder.

"what? why?" kali asked, sitting next to him under the playground.

azi scooted over before answering, exhibiting signs of being an only child.

"because you run faster than me!" azi said, tears now streaming down his cheeks.

"aww, azi, i'm sorry. don't cry." kali said, wiping his tears with her very dirty hands.

"it's okay," azi shrugged. "but k know what will make me feel better, though."

kali tilted her head to the side. "what?"

"a kiss." azi said, now smirking.

"a kiss?! what, azi?! from who?" kali looked around the playground.

"from you." azi told her.

kali's eyes widened at the thought, but sooner than later, she quickly leaned into azi and kissed him on the lips. azi sat there shocked, not expecting her to do it.

"better?" she asked.

"uh-huh." azi replied, barely clearly as he sat there, admiring her.

"time for lunch, friends! let's go!" the teacher blew her whistle.

kali grabbed azi's hand as they raced each other once again.

and from that moment on, azi now harbored feelings for kali.