𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

omnscient pov:

kali arrived at school exceptionally late that morning, which was uncharacteristic of her. given that azi and she shared this class, azi hurried over to her.

"are you okay? what's the matter?" he inquired immediately.

she simply shook her head and took her seat beside him. azi sighed and followed suit.

"do you have a pass, ms. mcnair?" kali shook her head. "we'll talk after class."

kali sighed as she retrieved a pen, while azi tore a page from his notebook.

if you don't want to verbalize what's troubling you, could you at least jot it down for me, please?

he swiftly passed his note to his best friend, hoping the teacher wouldn't notice. unfortunately, she did. this particular teacher was particularly vigilant about note-passing.

"i would certainly hope that wasn't a note you just passed, mr. onfroy," the teacher admonished him.

he shook his head, and she resumed teaching. glancing over at kali, who was scribbling on the piece of paper he'd handed her, he waited.

just not a good morning. my parents were engaged in a heated argument when i woke up, and i had no one to drive me to school. i had to walk and accompany my siblings, but they were reluctant to walk.. so it was quite overwhelming. and then this individual just chastised me about a trivial matter of a pass. i apologize for my reticence.

kali stood up and surreptitiously placed the note on azi's desk as she excused herself to fetch a tissue. azi opened it and began to read, chuckling softly at the end.

when kali returned to her seat, azi turned to her. "it's okay; i just wanted to understand what was happening."

"thank you for your concern, azi." kali replied with a smile.

azi returned the smile before redirecting his attention to their teacher.