Little Mermaid - Triton and Ariel arguing

"I just don't know what we're going to do with you, young lady" Triton sighed.

"Daddy, I'm sorry, I just forgot, I -" Ariel tried explaining.

"As a result of your careless behavior -" Triton ranted before Sebastian interrupted, "Careless and reckless behavior!"

"- the entire celebration was, er" Triton stated fumbling for the right words as Sebastian filled in, "Well, it was ruined! That's all. Completely destroyed! This concert was to be the pinnacle of my distinguished career. Now thanks to you I am the laughingstock of the entire kingdom!"

"But it wasn't her fault! Ah - well - first, ahh, this shark chased us - yeah - yeah! And we tried to - but we couldn't - and - grrrrrrrrr - and - and we - whoooaaaaaa - oh, and then we were safe. But then this seagull came, and it was this is this, and that is that, and -" Flounder interjected accidently letting their adventure up to the surface slip.

Triton's eyes glared at the pair as his voice thundered, "Seagull? What? Oh - you went up to the surface again, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?" 

"Nothing - happened. . . ." Ariel said folding her arms.

"Oh, Ariel, How many times must we go through this? You could've been seen by one of those barbarians - by - by one of those humans!" Triton boomed. 

"Daddy, they're not barbarians!" Ariel yelled back.

"They're dangerous. Do you think I want to see my youngest daughter snared by some fish-eater's hook?" Triton said trying to get through to her.

"I'm sixteen years old - I'm not a child anymore -" Ariel snapped before her dad cut her off, "Don't you take that tone of voice with me young lady. As long as you live under my ocean, you'll obey my rules!"

"But if you would just listen -" Ariel whined only stopping when she saw her father's trident start to glow.

"Maybe blocking the surface will keep you away from those humans" Triton growled as he pointed the weapon towards the surface making a barrier.

The redhead's lip trembled and tears welled up in her eyes before she swam away presumably to her room.