*I Am Emily: Chapter 4*

Chapter 4
    The Phone Call

"H-h-hello?" What sounded like a very young girl said through the phone. "Hi. . ." I say with caution. "Oh my goodness someone answered! I need help! Please!" The person on the phone pleaded. I thought to myself of what I should do. Should I tell her to call the police? Should I try helping her myself? Should I hang up and hope she is okay? "Hello? Are you still there?" The person on the phone said in an unsteady voice. "Oh yes, I am still here...Have you called the police yet?" I said making my choice on what to say. "Yes, I already tried but they didn't answer!" They said. I then ran back in my head what they said and it clicked. Why wouldn't the police answer? Is this a prank or something? "Please help," The young girl on the phone said, sounding like she is almost going to break into tears. "They are coming..." I hear her start hyperventilating and I say, "Who is coming?" I never thought this day could get any worse but she answered describing exactly what my dad, brother, and sister were wearing today. "Please!" She prayed. "How did you get this number?" I said questioning what was going on. "It was on my mommy's phone," she said as I hear commotion in the background on her side of the phone. "They are coming! Help please!" She starts to hysterically cry and I freeze in place again. I drop my phone and once again stand and stare. I hear muffled screams coming from my phone now on the floor and cries for help. I collapse to the ground and start crying. Screams still coming from my phone but I don't move. I continuously convince myself that this isn't real. I grab my phone and say in hysterics, "I am calling the police! Where do you live?" She says her address while crying and telling me parts of her body that hurt as I run to the kitchen and grab the home phone and dial 911. I tell them the address and after about 10 minutes I hear police sirens on her side of the phone. I tell her it is all going to be okay and my heart starts to beat at a normal pace. "I am going to hang up now. The police will take care of it." I say with a sigh and a semi shaky voice. I hang up the phone and go to my room and lay in bed. It took me a long time to fall asleep but when I woke up I was on the verge of complete shutdown. Hurricane sirens start and I jump up from bed. Before I know it I hear a giant crash coming from downstairs. I grab whatever I could find in my room that might help me including: a few half empty bottles of water, a half eaten bag of chips, a few candy bars, a granola bar, a blanket, clothes, phone, money, a trash bag to hold everything in, and a pillow. On my way out I saw a picture of my mom. I grab it and shove it in my trash bag. I run out of the house with things crashing and breaking all around me. Sirens and screams surround me as I navigate myself down the collapsing stairs. The whole front door is in ruins. I rush to the backdoor as my trashbag falls to the ground. I gasp as the trash bag gets covered in ruble. I dig it out as fast as I can. It rips as I forcefully pull it out of the ruble. I cry praying in my head as I hear windows shatter and what I hope wasn´t the backdoor. A miracle happened and the trash bag came out of the ruble with only a candybar and a water bottle falling out. I carry the trash bag rushing to the backdoor. The backdoor was completely shattered. The glass making up the door collapsed and the frame was hanging. I run through the glass and remains of the falling house with many gouges in my limbs and the house collapsing behind me. The rain hit my stinging open wounds as I pulled myself to the road. I made my way to a nearby highway to find lines of cars going as far as I could see. The rain hits the metal cars and the whirling of the wind hits me over and over. I make my way to a nearby car and bang on their window. ¨Please help!¨ I scream as people honk and yell at me, ¨Get out of the road!¨ I make my way down the road banging on every car door I could get to. ¨Do you need help, young lady? Are you lost?¨ The voice of an elderly woman comes to my ears. I see a lady waving her hand out of her car window signaling me to come to her. I run as fast as I can with my trashbag jiggling and my tears flying through the air. I see that she has a few kids with her and she doesn't seem like someone that would kill me. She asks if I was alone and I nod my head. I back up against her car as I hear screams and lightning surround me. She says to get in and I get in as fast as I can. What the heck am I doing!? I am in a strangers car! I think. You have nothing to lose, Emily. You're better in a car that might have a chance of safety then outside to certain death. I then think. I take a deep breath to see that there are 3 children scattered in the car. ¨H-hey...¨ I say. ¨Hi,¨ A young girl says in the car. ¨My name is Mia, what's yours?¨ She says. ¨Oh umm...My name is Emily.¨ I say. ¨Mia shut up! What did I tell you about strangers!?¨ A boy in the front seat says. ¨But...¨ Mia says. ¨Mia doesn't listen to Jason, he is a jerk. You can talk to her.¨ A girl that looks my age says. ¨Hi i'm Emma!¨ The girl that looks my age says. ¨You're probably confused and scared aren't ya?¨ Jason says. ¨Yeah...¨ I say. ¨Well don´t be. Granny will keep us safe.¨ Mia says. ¨Her let me explain....¨ Emma says.