*I Am Emily: Chapter 5*

Chapter 5
    The hurricane

¨Okay, so i´m Emma, That is Jason. And this little rascal is Mia,,¨ Emma says. ¨We are all siblings and this is our grandma but we call her granny. She knows how to get us out of here, she survived about a dozen hurricanes in her time! Cool, right?¨ I nod my head slowly as the car picks up speed. As the car grips to the floor and heads toward our destination I see a t.v through a window of a store saying this is the worst hurricane since Hurricane Katrina. I grip my trash bag and gulp as Mia asks me what's inside. I tell her and Jason rolls his eyes saying, ¨Granny why did you pick up this girl? She is worthless with her candybars.¨ Their granny slaps him upside the head as Emma and Mia break out into a laugh. I smirk and clench my trash bag. ¨Don´t mind him, Emily. It's Emily, right?¨ Their granny says. ¨Yeah, it's Emily.¨ I say. ¨Granny, where are we going?¨ Mia asks. ¨ We're going to a shelter.¨ Granny says. ¨How do you know where that is?¨ Emma asks. ¨Because i've been there multiple times.¨ Granny says. Jason secretly gives me a glare with tears streaming down his face. ¨Granny Jason´s being rude to Emily!!!¨ Mia says in a mocking tone. Emma smirks as Jason gets hit again. ¨Please stop hitting him...¨ I say in worry. The car comes to a stop as granny gets out of the car. She asks everyone to get out and head inside the shelter quickly. My open wounds start to sting and ache as I make a break for it toward the shelter. Once I get to the entryway I'm greeted with a blanket and a cot. I'm placed beside Jason and Mia, and across from me is granny and Emma. We are given water and this kind of soup or something that didn't taste the best. I take out my candybars and clear water as people hoard me begging for it. Some taking out spare change, some taking out weapons, and others making up sob stories. Jason stands up and cusses at them to go away. No one moves. I start to cry and a few leave. Jason uses force to take a knife and shoos them all away. I wipe my tears as Jason throws the knife onto the floor saying, ¨Only this time! Next time take care of yourself.¨ He walks away as I make myself comfortable on my cot. I look around to see rows and rows of cots with tons of people with very few things on the cots. I then see a woman with a baby and very deep wounds covering her. I grab a water bottle and break off a piece of a candy bar and start walking over to her. I hand her the things as she blesses me and thanks me over and over crying in the process. I then say your welcome and smile. I walk away waving and head back to my cot. My eyes get heavy as I lay in my cot. I stare at the picture of my mom I put beside my pillow and drift off to sleep.