*I Am Emily: Chapter 8*

Chapter 8
    The Battle

We wake up to birds chirping and the loud flowing of water. I slowly get up and in the corner of my eye I see a big tree. I grab my knife and rush over to the tree. I spent a while sawing off branches and plucking leaves. My mom wakes up as I finish cutting off the last branch. My mom cries in tears of joy and rushes over to help me get the log across the river. It takes a few hours of splinters and rearranging the log. We finally got the log across the river. ¨Take off your clothes.¨ My mom says. I shout no and she tells me that if I fall in the cold water it will give me hypothermia and sitting in cold clothes isn't good. I angrily take off my clothes and start to stand on the log. I throw my clothes and stuff to the other side of the river. ¨Stop!¨ My mom said, pulling me off the log. ¨Scoot across it. On your butt.¨ She says. ¨Heck no. I already have splinters everywhere, I don't want them on my butt too!¨ I say. She screams at me as I angrily scoot across the log naked and covered in splinters and scratches. I quickly get off the log once I'm across and quickly put on my clothes that seemed like putting on heaven. If heaven was an object. I look away as my mom crosses and covers myself in my blanket. Me and my mom walk for a while silently until the sun goes down. This night was full of bees,wasps, and mosquitoes. I didn't get much sleep and woke up with bee stings and itchy spots everywhere. Even in the places you wouldn't think could get bitten. We walk and walk with me itching every part of my body for hours on end and praying for a shower. I cover myself in my blanket hoping that it will protect me from a few bugs. I then trip over a big knocked over tree and fall flat on my face. I was so tired that half my brain wasn't present. I tripped over that fallen tree like I wanted to. Rocks and sticks puncture my face and thankfully the blanket helped the impact a little bit. My arm flung out of the blanket and landed into a nearby rose bush. My mom grabs my knife out of the trash bag and the pillow. She takes off the pillow case and cuts it. She wraps it around my arm and some of my head. I very slowly keep walking toward our destination. It feels like I only have 2 brain cells and 1 brain cell is telling me to walk, and the other is telling me that my body hurts. We walk for who knows how long and I think I black out a few times along the way but we finally reach our destination. I collapse to the floor once we get there and my mom grabs my knife out of my pocket. I open my eyes the slightest bit to see an abandoned house and my mom rushing towards it. I fall asleep covered in bugs,dirt, and blood. I woke up to a scream coming from inside the house. I jolted up covered in ants. I jump up and down and all my brain cells flood back in my head. I ran inside to see my mom pinned to the ground and my dad holding a knife to her neck screaming my name. I ran over to them and kicked my dad in the arm. He falls to the ground as my head aches from pain and my arm starts to bleed through the pillowcase. My dad falls to the ground and my mom jumps up and gets into a fighting stance. As my dad gets up I slide under his legs grabbing his knife. I surprised myself by doing that and I stabbed my dad in the back. Pretty ironic...My mom pushes him to the ground again and puts her foot on his chest. I slowly look away as my mom pushes her foot down onto his chest and the sounds of my dad gasping for air. My mom starts to cry and I turn around to see my dad...dead.